Mike Smith gets puck stuck in pants, scores own goal in OT
Sabres' Matt Moulson points out to the referee where the puck was lodged as Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith looks. Gary Wiepert/The Associated Press
In one of the most bizarre plays of the season, Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith scored the game winner for the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night.
After a shot by Sabres' Mark Pysyk deflected into the air and landed in Smith's pants, the goalie backed over the goal line to protect the net, scoring the decisive goal in a 2-1 loss to Buffalo.
Watch the strange own goal above.
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
- Hamilton woman barred from boarding cruise ship because she was pregnant
- Gaza suburbs in rubble as Israeli bombardment continues
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Toronto Ford Fest draws big crowd and LGBT protest
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
Blue Jays lose 17th straight at Yankee stadium.
Date 6 hrs ago, Duration 2:09, Views 47
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 5 hrs ago 1:07
Tooltip Information:Graham DeLaet fires course record at Canadian OpenVideo by:Description: Canadian is tied for 3rd place, 2 shots behind leaders Furyk and Petrovic.Rating: 4Views: 86