Mike Smith gets puck stuck in pants, scores own goal in OT
Sabres' Matt Moulson points out to the referee where the puck was lodged as Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith looks. Gary Wiepert/The Associated Press
In one of the most bizarre plays of the season, Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith scored the game winner for the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night.
After a shot by Sabres' Mark Pysyk deflected into the air and landed in Smith's pants, the goalie backed over the goal line to protect the net, scoring the decisive goal in a 2-1 loss to Buffalo.
Watch the strange own goal above.
- Big business: How disabilities are transforming the marketplace
- Apple's iOS 8: It's delivery day for new mobile operating system
- Rob Ford health update coming 1 week after tumour discovery
- Marriott hotels prompt guests to tip housekeepers with Envelope Please program
- Master Cpl. Denis Demers takes own life 2 weeks after standoff
- Harper sidestepped MPs on Supreme Court pick due to Nadon 'leaks'
- North Korea-bound American swimmer arrested by South Korea
- Jackie Chan's son Jaycee formally arrested in drug case
- Rob Ford's health: Update expected today
- Adrian Peterson ordered to stay away from Minnesota Vikings
After a long summer of bombardment by government forces, residents of Luhansk are trying to return to normal life as the BBC's Paul Adams reports.
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 2:56, Views 0
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.4Views: 15541
Date 7 hrs ago 3:02
Tooltip Information:Derek Jeter hit by Rays, Yankees answer, benches clearVideo by:Description: A heated 8th inning between Tampa Bay and NY Yankees.Rating: 5Views: 642