Mike Smith gets puck stuck in pants, scores own goal in OT
Sabres' Matt Moulson points out to the referee where the puck was lodged as Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith looks. Gary Wiepert/The Associated Press
In one of the most bizarre plays of the season, Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith scored the game winner for the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night.
After a shot by Sabres' Mark Pysyk deflected into the air and landed in Smith's pants, the goalie backed over the goal line to protect the net, scoring the decisive goal in a 2-1 loss to Buffalo.
Watch the strange own goal above.
- Derailed CN freight car hits Via Rail train near Gananoque
- Tory MP Eve Adams quits bitter nomination race, cites health
- Legendary Ojibwa sniper unsung hero of WW I
- Obama calls for release of Hadar Goldin, captured Israeli soldier
- 'Doug Ford is lying,' Toronto police chief says, threatening lawsuit
- Burlington Skyway closed all weekend as engineers assess damage
- Chief's $1M pay 'not reasonable,' Bernard Valcourt says
- Polar bear wins tug of war with Nunavut man over beluga
- Yvon Lambert appeals to public after losing 1976 Stanley Cup ring
- Huge waves detected in Arctic waters for 1st time
Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:49, Views 76
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 0:49
Tooltip Information:Pacers' Paul George suffers gruesome serious leg injuryVideo by:Description: Indiana Pacers forward suffers gruesome injury during Team USA scrimmage.Rating: 4Views: 235
Date 9 hrs ago 7:13
Tooltip Information:Usain Bolt leads Jamaica's 4x100m relay team to the finalVideo by:Description: Watch the Jamaicans finish 1st in their heat and advance to the final.Rating: 4Views: 16