Mike Smith gets puck stuck in pants, scores own goal in OT
Sabres' Matt Moulson points out to the referee where the puck was lodged as Phoenix Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith looks. Gary Wiepert/The Associated Press
In one of the most bizarre plays of the season, Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith scored the game winner for the Buffalo Sabres on Monday night.
After a shot by Sabres' Mark Pysyk deflected into the air and landed in Smith's pants, the goalie backed over the goal line to protect the net, scoring the decisive goal in a 2-1 loss to Buffalo.
Watch the strange own goal above.
- Justin Trudeau gets apology from Sun Media
- Universities under pressure to combat sexual misconduct on campus
- Ebola outbreak: Liberia's newest, largest treatment clinic already at capacity
- Smartphones at weddings: Are shutterbugs ruining the bride's big day?
- Luka Magnotta trial hears how torso found in trash outside apartment
- Galiano Island: fish boat overturns, 7 survivors pulled from water
- Hong Kong protests: 5 things to know about the 'umbrella revolution'
- Hong Kong protests: a peaceful night of singing in 'umbrella revolution'
- Canada's ISIS mission: Cabinet to debate sending fighters, surveillance planes
- Dennis Allen, Raiders head coach, fired after 0-4 start
Kansas City beats New England 41-14.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 0:52, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-28 2:13
Tooltip Information:Montreal explosion injures 5Video by:Description: Emergency crews are at the scene of an explosion in Montreal's Rosemont borough that left 5 people injuredRating: 3.4Views: 41113
Date 11 hrs ago 3:01
Tooltip Information:High-profile police officer takes his own lifeVideo by:Description: Staff Sgt. Kal Ghadban, 43, died Sunday at the Ottawa police headquarters.Rating: 3.08Views: 8602