Montreal metro service resumes after system-wide shutdown
Montreal's metro service experienced a system-wide shutdown on Wednesday morning. CBC
Montreal's metro subway network shut down today in the middle of morning rush hour,
Service resumed on all lines about 20 minutes later and commuters were ushered back into the trains.
The speaker system inside the metro blamed the interruption on an "incident."
The metro experienced a flurry of service interruptions and shutdowns last May after the installation of a new, more complex control room.
The changeover contributed to seven interruptions in one week.
At the time, the executive director of the Société de transport de Montréal'sLemay
He claimed it was one of the more reliable systems in the world and that the interruptions were an exception.
The STM has four twitter accounts
- Canada plans legislation to end pay-to-pay billing fees
- Asteroid smash-up captured by NASA telescope
- Ebola outbreak: ZMapp protects sick monkeys
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- B.C. teachers' strike: When could classes start?
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- David Cameron, British PM, plans new laws to tackle terrorism threat
- Iraq to receive $2.75M in Canadian aid as military supplies arrive
- Premiers agree to move forward with a national energy strategy
One man is dead and a teenage girl is in critical condition after separate overnight accidents Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:52, Views 26
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.2Views: 65230
Date 14-08-29 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.28Views: 25445
Date 3 hrs ago 1:53
Tooltip Information:Teacher fired for giving zeros wins appealVideo by:Description: Appeal board rules Lynden Dorval was treated unfairly when he was suspended and fired for giving zeros to his studentsRating: 4Views: 0
Date 4 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Gold rush on UK beachVideo by:Description: Treasure hunters are flocking to a beach in Britain to search for 30 bars of 24 karat gold buried under the sand as part of an art projectRating: 4Views: 157