Montreal metro service resumes after system-wide shutdown
Montreal's metro service experienced a system-wide shutdown on Wednesday morning. CBC
Montreal's metro subway network shut down today in the middle of morning rush hour,
Service resumed on all lines about 20 minutes later and commuters were ushered back into the trains.
The speaker system inside the metro blamed the interruption on an "incident."
The metro experienced a flurry of service interruptions and shutdowns last May after the installation of a new, more complex control room.
The changeover contributed to seven interruptions in one week.
At the time, the executive director of the Société de transport de Montréal'sLemay
He claimed it was one of the more reliable systems in the world and that the interruptions were an exception.
The STM has four twitter accounts
- Montreal's South Shore braces for months of metro repairs
- Bombardier unveils new metro cars for Montreal
- STM to close Metro's yellow line for 25 weekends in 2014
- Commuters hit with delays on Deux-Montagnes line
- Beaudry metro's moving sidewalk is 'always broken,' commuters say
- Helicopter taxi offers quick hop from South Shore
- Montreal's new subway cars unveiled
- Crews race to fix Deux-Montagnes line before rush hour
- Train service restored on Deux-Montagnes line
An 18-month-old shepherd-cross was found extremely emaciated
Date 49 mins ago, Duration 2:10, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 13-12-11 0:37
Tooltip Information:Michigan Stadium transforms into an ice rinkVideo by:Description: Timelapse of The Big House as it morphs into an NHL rink for the Winter Classic on New Years Day where the Maples Leafs will face off against the Red Wings.Rating: 3.33Views: 8617