Mount Polley mine tailings breach helicopter overflight
The Cariboo Regional District video shows vast amounts of sludge from the toxic release. Cariboo Regional District
The Cariboo Regional District has released troubling video of what locals are already calling an environmental disaster following the release of five million cubic metres of effluent from a tailing pond at the Mount Polley gold and copper mine near Likely, B.C., on Monday.
This YouTube video released by the CRD provides a sobering view of the extent of the damage.
Possible causes of the release are still under investigation.
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone health workers comb country amid lockdown
- Orleans crash leaves woman trapped in car for 40 minutes
- Jean Chrétien says Canada is all in on Iraq mission
- Phoney cops scam money from tourists in Vancouver
- 5 exchange students hospitalized after crash near Truro
- Leonardo DiCaprio film holds open casting call in Yellowknife
- Jada Johnson, 11, refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Omar J. Gonzalez identified as suspect in White House security breach
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
More than 6,000,000 people are spending a second day under curfew as the country struggles to halt the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:23, Views 4
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.66Views: 75253
Date 14-09-18 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.21Views: 8680
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 1Views: 923