Movember moustaches: why some men can't grow them
Movember is in full swing and many men find only a small dusting of hair on their upper lip, while others are having trouble controlling their new whiskers.
The moustaches being grown by Canadian men this month to raise money for men's health programs can range from pencil-thin to the classic Tom Selleck moustache. But some men just can’t grow them at all.
CBC science columnist Torah Kachur explored the science behind the ‘stache including:
- Why some men are more talented at growing moustaches than others. (Testosterone isn't as big a factor as you might think.)
- Why dark-haired men often have reddish facial hair.
- How facial hair affects men's sexual attractiveness to women.
- Addison Hall death: Police to probe car in Costco crash
- Malaysia Airlines MH17 suffered massive decompression after shrapnel hit
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Volvo's new road-sensing safety features go the extra mile
- Gaza conflict: Fighting resumes as UN backs ceasefire calls
- Environment Canada to determine if tornado hit Waterloo Region
- Ebola: President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf restricts movements in Liberia
- Aviation safety by the numbers
- Commonwealth Games: Day 5 from Glasgow
- Thérèse Casgrain, feminist icon, quietly shunted by Harper government
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 14 mins ago, Duration 0:36, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 2 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 83
Date 2 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232