Movember moustaches: why some men can't grow them
Movember is in full swing and many men find only a small dusting of hair on their upper lip, while others are having trouble controlling their new whiskers.
The moustaches being grown by Canadian men this month to raise money for men's health programs can range from pencil-thin to the classic Tom Selleck moustache. But some men just can’t grow them at all.
CBC science columnist Torah Kachur explored the science behind the ‘stache including:
- Why some men are more talented at growing moustaches than others. (Testosterone isn't as big a factor as you might think.)
- Why dark-haired men often have reddish facial hair.
- How facial hair affects men's sexual attractiveness to women.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
- Ralph Nader slams GM's stance on 'hypothetical casualties'
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
The search resumes for three missing local guides after an avalanche kills 13 Sherpas on the slopes of Mount Everest.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:38, Views 86
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1221
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28327