Nelson Hart was convicted of murder in 2007, based largely on evidence collected through an elaborate RCMP sting. CBC
Nelson Hart, the Newfoundland man at the centre of the Mr. Big sting decision in Canada's top court last week, will learn today whether he will have to go through another trial on murder charges.
Crown prosecutors are expected to make the announcement Tuesday.
If they decide there won't be another trial, Hart could leave Supreme Court in Gander a free man.
Hart was convicted in 2007 of drowning his three-year old twin daughters, Karen and Krista, in Gander Lake 12 years ago this week.
The jury's verdict was overturned on appeal.
Last week, the Supreme Court of Canada said the confession Hart made during the RCMP's so-called Mr. Big undercover sting can't be used as evidence in a new trial.
Hart's past and current lawyers have said that confession is the only evidence the Crown has against him.
All parties are due in Gander Supreme Court at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Few places are as important in Scottish history as Scone, where no fewer than 42 of the country's kings were crowned. But like the rest of Scotland, th... More Few places are as important in Scottish history as Scone, where no fewer than 42 of the country's kings were crowned. But like the rest of Scotland, this quiet corner of Perthshire is split on Thursday's independence vote. Duration: 01:00
Date 35 mins ago, Duration 0:59, Views 5