N.B. family claims $1M lottery win twice in 5 months
Hal Allan McLeod was fine $8 million for his role in Manna, a fraud that targeted 800 mainly elderly investors living in B.C. iStock
A New Brunswick family has won two lottery prizes worth $1 million each within the past five months.
Atlantic Lottery says Denise Richard of Saint Phillippe, N.B., and her brother Roger claimed the first Lotto 6-49 prize in December.
Then on April 9, it happened again.
This time, the Lotto 6-49 ticket belonged to Richard's mother, Evangeline Richard of Dieppe, N.B., who relies on her daughter to buy her tickets.
Based on the number of entries, the odds of winning the Nov. 27 draw were 1 in 5.7 million.
On April 9, the odds were slightly better at 1 in 5.2 million.
"To be that lucky twice doesn't happen often but it does happen," Manon Deslauriers, an Atlantic Lottery spokeswoman, said in a statement Monday. "We're just really excited that it happened here."
- Lottery jackpot: Duarte Almeida wins $13M with lucky numbers
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot goes unclaimed
- Indianapolis man wins the lottery twice in 3 months
- $50M Lotto Max ticket sold in Langley, B.C., still unclaimed
- Winning $90M Powerball ticket sold in Colorado
- Eskimos 50/50 jackpot reached $348,000
- Daily game explosion spawns big-dollar industry
- Horse racing industry suing New Brunswick government
- Contest Rules and Regulations
- One Direction offer trip to Miami in support of cancer charity
Reaches 4th round for 1st time in her career.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:04, Views 24
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-29 1:59
Tooltip Information:Topless toddler at swimming pool ends in scuffleVideo by:Description: Mother of 3-year-old girl says she was tripped by a lifeguard; complaints filed by and against mother.Rating: 3.18Views: 94713
Date 14-08-29 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.28Views: 25754
Date 4 hrs ago 1:04
Tooltip Information:U.S. Open: Eugenie Bouchard survives Zahlavova StrycovaVideo by:Description: Reaches 4th round for 1st time in her career.Rating: 4Views: 24
Date 10 hrs ago 1:53
Tooltip Information:Teacher fired for giving zeros wins appealVideo by:Description: Appeal board rules Lynden Dorval was treated unfairly when he was suspended and fired for giving zeros to his studentsRating: 5Views: 1093