'No words to describe loss,' says mom of tot who died in vehicle
A three-year-old girl discovered unresponsive in an overheated vehicle had just returned from a nearby spray park, says her mother.
Tsi-Tsi Chitekedza was playing outside the family's northeast Edmonton home Tuesday afternoon, said Grace Vela.
She doesn't know how the young girl got into the family vehicle parked in front of the home, she said.
Vela told CBC News she found her daughter inside, seemingly asleep, with her thumb in her mouth.
She began CPR, but the toddler was declared dead in hospital a little over an hour later.
"There are no words to describe this loss," Vela said Thursday.
Vela described her daughter as the quietest of her three children. She also has a five-year-old daughter and one-year-old son.
"Her name means 'mercy' and she was very full of grace," Vela said.
- NATO leaders' focus could be split between ISIS and Russia
- Nude celebrity photo leak casts iCloud over Apple launch
- Polar bears: Endangered species or political pawn?
- Steven Sotloff beheading shown in video, ISIS claims
- Donovan Adams arrested in sex attack on 9-year-old Surrey girl
- Justin Bieber faces assault, dangerous driving charges in Ontario
- Polar vortex chills linked to melting sea ice
- Fred Brumwell wanted a Google job so badly, he rented a billboard
- Omar Khadr reattempts to sue Canada for $20M
- Burning wood indoors to cook raises health risks for billions
Toronto Blue Jays beat the Tampa Bay Rays 8-2
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:22, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 2:25
Tooltip Information:Journalist executed by ISIS: reportsVideo by:Description: ISIS has released a video showing what appears to be the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven SotloffRating: 4Views: 0