'No words to describe loss,' says mom of tot who died in vehicle
A three-year-old girl discovered unresponsive in an overheated vehicle had just returned from a nearby spray park, says her mother.
Tsi-Tsi Chitekedza was playing outside the family's northeast Edmonton home Tuesday afternoon, said Grace Vela.
She doesn't know how the young girl got into the family vehicle parked in front of the home, she said.
Vela told CBC News she found her daughter inside, seemingly asleep, with her thumb in her mouth.
She began CPR, but the toddler was declared dead in hospital a little over an hour later.
"There are no words to describe this loss," Vela said Thursday.
Vela described her daughter as the quietest of her three children. She also has a five-year-old daughter and one-year-old son.
"Her name means 'mercy' and she was very full of grace," Vela said.
- Worst-ever Ebola outbreak getting even worse: By the numbers
- Why an anti-ISIS coalition could be 'a problem'
- iOS 8: 8 new things
- Enterovirus D-68: 8 things parents should know
- CRTC gets an earful at hearings on future of TV
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- Waterloo tech startup leader is paid in bitcoin
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Ebola outbreak by the numbers
- Alfred Hitchcock film offers neuroscientists clues to vegetative state
'Mother of all water main breaks' blasts water 25 metres into the air.
Date 54 mins ago, Duration 1:11, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 22 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6297
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18706