'No words to describe loss,' says mom of tot who died in vehicle
A three-year-old girl discovered unresponsive in an overheated vehicle had just returned from a nearby spray park, says her mother.
Tsi-Tsi Chitekedza was playing outside the family's northeast Edmonton home Tuesday afternoon, said Grace Vela.
She doesn't know how the young girl got into the family vehicle parked in front of the home, she said.
Vela told CBC News she found her daughter inside, seemingly asleep, with her thumb in her mouth.
She began CPR, but the toddler was declared dead in hospital a little over an hour later.
"There are no words to describe this loss," Vela said Thursday.
Vela described her daughter as the quietest of her three children. She also has a five-year-old daughter and one-year-old son.
"Her name means 'mercy' and she was very full of grace," Vela said.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
Sharks continue their dominance of the Kings as they take a 2-0 series lead.
Date 49 mins ago, Duration 1:28, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 15 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18887
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9805