'No words to describe loss,' says mom of tot who died in vehicle
A three-year-old girl discovered unresponsive in an overheated vehicle had just returned from a nearby spray park, says her mother.
Tsi-Tsi Chitekedza was playing outside the family's northeast Edmonton home Tuesday afternoon, said Grace Vela.
She doesn't know how the young girl got into the family vehicle parked in front of the home, she said.
Vela told CBC News she found her daughter inside, seemingly asleep, with her thumb in her mouth.
She began CPR, but the toddler was declared dead in hospital a little over an hour later.
"There are no words to describe this loss," Vela said Thursday.
Vela described her daughter as the quietest of her three children. She also has a five-year-old daughter and one-year-old son.
"Her name means 'mercy' and she was very full of grace," Vela said.
- Gaza crisis: Violence continues despite Egyptian call for ceasefire
- Tina Fontaine’s family holds funeral for slain teen
- Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga eruption begins
- Lev Tahor, ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect, quietly moves to Guatemala
- Indian status: 5 things you need to know
- Saskatchewan considered separation, Roy Romanow reveals
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move?
- Kevin Love trade: Andrew Wiggins rare No. 1 pick
- Iraq explosions, mosque attack kill nearly 100 in 2 days of violence
- Wynne slams Harper over missing, murdered aboriginal women comments
Muhammad Robert Heft has counselled many young Canadians 'at risk' of being recruited by international militant groups such as ISIS
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 5:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-22 2:12
Tooltip Information:Hiker rescued days after fleeing bear in treeVideo by:Description: Julien Landry in stable condition in a Kelowna, B.C., hospital after concussion, injured and alone in the forest after a wild encounterRating: 3.18Views: 23711
Date 4 hrs ago 1:50
Tooltip Information:Lotus restaurant fined for food poisoningVideo by:Description: Ottawa Public Health fined a Barrhaven Chinese restaurant after 44 people got sick from food.Rating: 4Views: 608