Nobel physics prize announcement delayed
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has delayed the announcement of this year's Nobel Prize in physics by at least an hour.
That's an unusually long delay by the prize committee, which typically announces its decision right on time or just a few minutes later.
The academy said on Twitter that "The Academy is still in session," but didn't give further details. The members of the academy's physics committee pick the winners in a majority vote on the day of the announcement.
It was supposed to reveal the winners at 5:45 a.m. ET but delayed the announcement several times, saying it would take place no earlier than 6:45 a.m.
- Northern Gateway pipeline recommended for federal approval, with conditions
- Apollo Theatre ceiling collapse in London injures more than 75
- Ashley Smith coroner's jury rules prison death a homicide
- Rob Ford's Christmas gift advice: 'Women love money'
- Stephen Harper says he will lead Conservatives in 2015 campaign
- Snow, freezing rain, frigid temperatures expected on weekend
- Government won't buy new $2B armoured vehicles for army
- Elk rescued after Christmas lights, candy canes get stuck in antlers
- Prostitution laws: Europeans debate whether criminalization or legalization works better
- GlaxoSmithKline drug marketing change resonates with doctors
Date 38 mins ago, Duration 4:54, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 10 hrs ago 2:13
Tooltip Information:Crew tackle damaged craneVideo by:Description: Engineers in Kingston, Ont., hope to dismantle a damaged construction crane before it comes crashing to the groundRating: 3.33Views: 28366
Date 7 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Ashley Smith family lawyers react to verdictVideo by:Description: Julian Falconer says criminal investigation into Ashley Smith's death should be reopenedRating: 4.57Views: 43602