Nobel physics prize announcement delayed
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has delayed the announcement of this year's Nobel Prize in physics by at least an hour.
That's an unusually long delay by the prize committee, which typically announces its decision right on time or just a few minutes later.
The academy said on Twitter that "The Academy is still in session," but didn't give further details. The members of the academy's physics committee pick the winners in a majority vote on the day of the announcement.
It was supposed to reveal the winners at 5:45 a.m. ET but delayed the announcement several times, saying it would take place no earlier than 6:45 a.m.
- Gaza conflict: Israel says Palestinian rocket misfire hit al-Shifa hospital
- Addison Hall death: Police to probe car in Costco crash
- Ross Lockwood returns to Earth after 4 months on (simulated) Mars
- Paying off your mortgage faster can pay huge dividends
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Police team turns back from Ukraine crash site
- Nigel Wright, Harper's ex-chief of staff, returns to Onex
- Volvo's new road-sensing safety features go the extra mile
- Aviation safety by the numbers
- Environment Canada to determine if tornado hit Waterloo Region
- Ebola: President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf restricts movements in Liberia
Haiti celebrates the Carnival of Flowers in an explosion of dance, music, costumes and colour. Duration: 00:37
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:36, Views 203
Video by: AFP
Date 3 hrs ago 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 232
Date 5 hrs ago 4:04
Tooltip Information:Team South Africa defeat powerhouse All Blacks for rugby goldVideo by:Description: Four-time Commonwealth Games champions settle for silver.Rating: 4Views: 184