Nobel physics prize announcement delayed
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has delayed the announcement of this year's Nobel Prize in physics by at least an hour.
That's an unusually long delay by the prize committee, which typically announces its decision right on time or just a few minutes later.
The academy said on Twitter that "The Academy is still in session," but didn't give further details. The members of the academy's physics committee pick the winners in a majority vote on the day of the announcement.
It was supposed to reveal the winners at 5:45 a.m. ET but delayed the announcement several times, saying it would take place no earlier than 6:45 a.m.
- Gaza conflict: Israel agrees to 12-hour ceasefire
- Ukraine crisis: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine troops, U.S. says
- E-cigarette market on fire while scientists wage heated debate
- Rob Ford: Toronto mayor hosts Ford Fest bash
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Vegetarian or flexitarian: How much meat do you really want to give up?
- Canada's defence diplomacy hurt by tight budget, report says
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
Savard wins the gold with a time of 57.40 seconds .
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:55, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 23 hrs ago 0:20
Tooltip Information:Canadian women's rhythmic gymnastics team wins goldVideo by:Description: Canada's second gold medal of the Commonwealth Games.Rating: 4Views: 1971