The polls have closed in Nunavut's fourth-ever territorial election and the votes are now being counted to see who Nunavummiut have elected to be their next Members of the Legislative Assembly.
Two people have already been acclaimed because nobody else ran in those constituencies. Peter Taptuna will represent Kugluktuk and Jeannie Ugyuk will represent Netsilik.
The remaining 20 seats are up for grabs. With no political parties, the premier won't be known until the 22 members vote on a leader next month. And then that person will name his or her cabinet.
You can follow all the action on our CBC News live chat as soon as there's any news to report. We'll also be live-streaming our election special online, and we'll have an audio stream for those with connectivity issues. So be sure to bookmark this page and come back.
The last time Nunavut went to the polls in 2008, 71 per cent of eligible voters cast their ballots — far higher than the Canadian average.
- Firefighters injured battling Mississauga industrial warehouse blaze
- Ron MacLean in hotseat over comment about Quebec refs
- Calgary stabbing victim Lawrence Hong to be remembered
- Google Street View lets you go back in time
- Lisa Raitt to enhance rail safety measures in wake of Lac-Mégantic
- The Koch brothers: Who are they and why do Democrats hate them?
- Everest avalanche: How a Sherpa strike will affect Nepal's tourist industry
- Maritime flooding fears grow as rainfall warnings issued
- Travel insurance and extreme sports: How Canadians can protect themselves
- Ukraine crisis: Lavrov vows response if Russians attacked in Ukraine
Tampa Bay were swept out of the first round of playoffs by Montreal
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:58, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 1:08
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator Ron MacLean found himself in hot water Tuesday night after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff games.Rating: 4Views: 1004
Date 14-04-21 2:23
Tooltip Information:Waitresses lose jobs to foreign workersVideo by:Description: 2 servers say they were let go after working for years at a restaurant in SaskatchewanRating: 3.01Views: 41053
Date 2 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 4Views: 0