The polls have closed in Nunavut's fourth-ever territorial election and the votes are now being counted to see who Nunavummiut have elected to be their next Members of the Legislative Assembly.
Two people have already been acclaimed because nobody else ran in those constituencies. Peter Taptuna will represent Kugluktuk and Jeannie Ugyuk will represent Netsilik.
The remaining 20 seats are up for grabs. With no political parties, the premier won't be known until the 22 members vote on a leader next month. And then that person will name his or her cabinet.
You can follow all the action on our CBC News live chat as soon as there's any news to report. We'll also be live-streaming our election special online, and we'll have an audio stream for those with connectivity issues. So be sure to bookmark this page and come back.
The last time Nunavut went to the polls in 2008, 71 per cent of eligible voters cast their ballots — far higher than the Canadian average.
- Supreme Court strikes down Canada's prostitution laws
- Snow, freezing rain, frigid weather expected through weekend
- BlackBerry stock rises 13% despite $4.4B loss
- Supreme Court prostitution decision: 5 questions
- Government won't buy new $2B armoured vehicles for army
- Stephen Harper says he will lead Conservatives in 2015 campaign
- Kingston fire-damaged crane approved to come down
- Nigella Lawson's 2 assistants acquitted of fraud
- Seasonal affective disorder brightens with 'atmosphere therapy'
- Elderly patient Tadeusz Czubak discharged to empty house not a ‘one-off' case
Vancouver airport recommends checking your flight status online
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:01, Views 23
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 5:02
Tooltip Information:Zack Ward's anti-bullying campaignVideo by:Description: Actor Zack Ward, who played bully Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story, talks about his own anti-bullying campaignRating: 4Views: 183
Date 13-12-19 5:04
Tooltip Information:Ashley Smith family lawyers react to verdictVideo by:Description: Julian Falconer says criminal investigation into Ashley Smith's death should be reopenedRating: 3.86Views: 50571