Nursing home homicide probed, senior arrested
The Castleview Wychwood Towers nursing home was the scene of a homicide Saturday morning, Toronto police say. An 87-year-old resident was found dead on the scene. CBC
The suspicious Saturday morning death of a man in his 80s at the Castleview Wychwood nursing home in Toronto is being investigated as a homicide, and another senior has been arrested and charged.
Police say the incident happened around 8:45 a.m. at the nursing home. The victim, identified by Toronto Police as 87-year-old Francisco DaSilva, was found dead at the scene.
Police say he had suffered obvious head trauma.
An 81-year-old man, Francesco Greco, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. The accused is a fellow resident in the home.
A post mortem has not been scheduled yet.
Greco is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Sunday.
Police are familiar with Castleview Wychwood Towers.
Two years earlier, Toronto police charged a male registered practical nurse employed there for sexually assaulting a 70-year-old resident.
Another staff member reported the assault.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
- Why doesn't Easter have a fixed date?
The Habs take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series with the win at home.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:47, Views 23
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18689
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9718