Oscar Pistorius murder trial hears more testimony from doctor
AP Photo/Marco Longari, Pool
Oscar Pistorius, puts his hand to his face while listening to evidence from a witness speaking about the morning of the shooting in court on the fourth day of his trial at the high court in Pretoria, South Africa, Thursday, March 6, 2014. Pistorius is charged with murder for the shooting death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, on Valentines Day in 2013. (AP Photo/Marco Longari, Pool) Marco Longari/The Associated Press
A doctor who said he saw Oscar Pistorius weeping over his dead or dying girlfriend after he shot her has resumed testimony in the murder trial of the double-amputee runner.
Radiologist Johan Stipp was being questioned by defence lawyer Barry Roux on Friday, a day after Stipp described how Pistorius knelt at Reeva Steenkamp's side and struggled in vain to help her breathe by holding two fingers in her clenched mouth.
Pistorius shot Steenkamp in the bathroom of his home before dawn on Feb. 14 last year. He says he fired after mistaking Steenkamp for an intruder; prosecutors allege the Olympian intentionally killed Steenkamp after a loud argument.
- Oscar Pistorius prosecutor Gerrie Nel challenges defence witness
- Pistorius: Prosecutor doubts witness objectivity
- Physician says Pistorius is a 'paradox'
- Oscar Pistorius has fear of being trapped, expert says
- Pistorius trial hears testimony about screams
- Pistorius: Last witness testifies for defence
- Oscar Pistorius defence to expected wrap up after last witness
- Oscar Pistorius defence to expected wrap up today
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Agent says athlete planned trips with Steenkamp
- Agent: Pistorius planned travel with girlfriend
Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays mow down Red Sox.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:44, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 4392
Date 2 hrs ago 0:43
Tooltip Information:Marie-Ève Beauchemin-Nadeau interviewVideo by:Description: Canadian talks about her gold medal performance in the women's 75-kilogram weightlifting division.Rating: 4Views: 0