Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
Ontario Provincial Police were called the scene of the collision at Wellington Road 32 at 8:28 a.m. Thursday. yvon theriault/Radio-Canada
A 24-year-old Ottawa man has been charged for driving 90 kilometres per hour over the speed limit on Highway 401.
Ontario Provincial Police say an officer was monitoring the highway near Deseronto Road in Tyendinaga Township at about 4:20 a.m. Friday.
The officer then noticed a car that clocked in at 190 km/h on his radar gun.
The black 2010 Jaguar was then stopped and the driver was charged with stunt driving. The man’s driver’s licence was also suspended for seven days and the vehicle was towed and impounded for a week.
The man was released on a summons and he is scheduled to appear in a Napanee court on May 8.
- Netflix tells CRTC consumers should vote with their dollars
- NDP forces Commons debate on murdered, missing indigenous women
- Canadian home ownership more costly than thought, BMO report says
- Scotland referendum: Alex Salmond to quit as leader of Scottish National Party
- NFL partners with domestic abuse hotline
- Don Frigo shooting death: Canada-wide warrant issued for Boris Panovski
- Apple's iPhone 6 selling out early in Canada
- N.W.T. wildlife officials to search for killer grizzly bear
- B.C. teachers' strike: No extension to school year to make up for lost time
- Canadian navy to retire 4 Cold War-era ships
Conservative MP Michael Chong updates the CBC's Julie Van Dusen on what happens next for his private member's bill to reform Parliament.
Date 58 mins ago, Duration 6:07, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.57Views: 63019
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.83Views: 36361
Date 19 hrs ago 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 3.66Views: 3005
Date 5 hrs ago 0:42
Tooltip Information:Australian iPhone 6 failVideo by:Description: Australian Jack Cooksey, who waited in line all night to be the first to buy an iPhone 6 in Perth, drops his new smartphone on cameraRating: 5Views: 1265