Owner of website linked to Magnotta video re-arrested
The owner of an Edmonton gore website that posted a video allegedly linked to Luka Magnotta was arrested Friday at a truck stop south of Edmonton.
Mark Marek, the operator of the Best Gore website, was arrested following a tip from the public that led police to a storage facility in Leduc, Alta., where officers saw him.
Police then followed Marek to a gas station in Nisku, where he was apprehended. Sources tell CBC News that it looked like he had been living out of his car.
Marek was charged July 17 with one count of corrupting morals for posting a video which allegedly showed Magnotta stabbing and dismembering 33-year-old Chinese student Jun Lin. Marek was released on $7,500 bail.
On Thursday, Edmonton Police announced that they could not find him and issued a warrant for his arrest for breach of recognizance.
Magnotta is charged with first-degree murder in Lin’s death. His trial is set for September 2014.
- Scotland independence referendum: Rival campaigners add excitement to polling stations
- Hospital ER times reveal some ‘disturbing’ waits
- Ailing Mayor Rob Ford releases audio statement
- Cougar killed after prowling outside Calgary hospital
- ISIS-inspired beheading plot alleged in Australia, 6 in custody
- John Cantlie, British ISIS hostage, appears in new video
- Scotland independence referendum: If Yes side wins, what happens next?
- Rob Ford diagnosis: What is liposarcoma and how is it treated?
- Global heat record set in August 2014
- Michael Brown shooting: Long legal process angers Ferguson residents
Yes majority would mean many schools would open Monday. Results expected 9:30 p.m. PT today
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:31, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.22Views: 35128
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.64Views: 24333