Owner of website linked to Magnotta video re-arrested
The owner of an Edmonton gore website that posted a video allegedly linked to Luka Magnotta was arrested Friday at a truck stop south of Edmonton.
Mark Marek, the operator of the Best Gore website, was arrested following a tip from the public that led police to a storage facility in Leduc, Alta., where officers saw him.
Police then followed Marek to a gas station in Nisku, where he was apprehended. Sources tell CBC News that it looked like he had been living out of his car.
Marek was charged July 17 with one count of corrupting morals for posting a video which allegedly showed Magnotta stabbing and dismembering 33-year-old Chinese student Jun Lin. Marek was released on $7,500 bail.
On Thursday, Edmonton Police announced that they could not find him and issued a warrant for his arrest for breach of recognizance.
Magnotta is charged with first-degree murder in Lin’s death. His trial is set for September 2014.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- No sign of missing $26K scotch a year after LCBO theft
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
State authorities in Kyrgyzstan are trying to fight practices of bride kidnapping in the country. Two victims of bride kidnapping spoke to the BBC.
Date 52 mins ago, Duration 2:48, Views 0
Date 18 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19183
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9974