Pedestrian killed by falling metal at Montreal construction site
A 32-year-old man is dead after he was hit by a piece of metal that fell at a construction site this morning.
The man was walking by the site at De la Montagne Street and Rene-Levesque Boulevard when he was struck by a large metal plate at around 8:20 a.m. ET.
“He was in a critical state and transported rapidly to hospital,” said Bob Lamle of Urgences-Santé.
A short time later, police confirmed the man had died.
The man was a passerby and not a worker, Lamle said.
Montreal police and Quebec's coroner's office are investigating.
De la Montagne is closed between Rene-Levesque Boulevard and St-Catherine Street.
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone health workers comb country amid lockdown
- Orleans crash leaves woman trapped in car for 40 minutes
- Jean Chrétien says Canada is all in on Iraq mission
- Phoney cops scam money from tourists in Vancouver
- 5 exchange students hospitalized after crash near Truro
- Leonardo DiCaprio film holds open casting call in Yellowknife
- Jada Johnson, 11, refuses chemotherapy, may be forced back into treatment
- Omar J. Gonzalez identified as suspect in White House security breach
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
More than 6,000,000 people are spending a second day under curfew as the country struggles to halt the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:23, Views 4
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.66Views: 75253
Date 14-09-18 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.21Views: 8680
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 1Views: 923