Pope Francis, Miley Cyrus, Rob Ford among the year's top newsmakers
From the Rob Ford crack saga to the selection of Pope Francis, 2013 provided its share of memorable moments.
It was the year cyclist Lance Armstrong came clean about using performance-enhancing drugs, explosions rocked the finish line of the Boston Marathon and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield thrilled the world with his singing from space.
The world mourned the passing of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela, but also celebrated the birth of Prince George, the new heir to the British throne.
See the video above to relive the year's biggest stories and newsmakers.
- Chinese cyberattack hits Canada's National Research Council
- Rob Ford in shouting match ahead of mayoral debate
- David Huynh ID'd as man who fell to his death from Stanley Park's Prospect Point
- Ebola outbreak: More than doctors needed to contain West Africa's unprecedented crisis
- Gaza conflict: Hamas denies backing PLO call for 24-hour ceasefire
- Atlantic Lottery Corp. retailers won 165 jackpots last year
- Catharine Pendrel, Emily Batty win gold, silver in mountain bike
- Stoney Nakoda First Nation signs 'huge' oil deal with Chinese firm
- Canadian Embassy in Libya suspends operations
- Calgary stabbings: Brentwood house now up for sale
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday Israelis must be ready for a long military campaign in Gaza during a televised presser with military lead... More Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday Israelis must be ready for a long military campaign in Gaza during a televised presser with military leaders. Duration: 00:55
Date 58 mins ago, Duration 0:54, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14-07-28 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 3231