Pope Francis, Miley Cyrus, Rob Ford among the year's top newsmakers
From the Rob Ford crack saga to the selection of Pope Francis, 2013 provided its share of memorable moments.
It was the year cyclist Lance Armstrong came clean about using performance-enhancing drugs, explosions rocked the finish line of the Boston Marathon and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield thrilled the world with his singing from space.
The world mourned the passing of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela, but also celebrated the birth of Prince George, the new heir to the British throne.
See the video above to relive the year's biggest stories and newsmakers.
- James Foley the subject of failed U.S. rescue mission in Syria
- Michael Brown shooting: Eric Holder says he understands mistrust of police
- RCMP look into Calgary link with possible Islamic militants
- Gillian Bennett, suffering with dementia, dies leaving right-to-die plea
- Justin Trudeau says he wants 170 Liberal MPs in the House
- Neanderthals, humans may have coexisted for thousands of years
- Beautiful aurora photos taken from space
- Billy Crystal tabbed to give Robin Williams tribute at Emmys
- Mohamed Yaffa accuses Air Canada of discrimination because he's Muslim
- Canadian ambassador Andrew Bennett says religious freedom 'violated' in China
Canadian loses in straight sets to Samantha Stosur.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:15, Views 42
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 5:44
Tooltip Information:U.S. tried to rescue James FoleyVideo by:Description: Special operations troops were sent to Syria this summer on a secret mission to rescue American hostages, but failed to find themRating: 2Views: 496
Date 17 hrs ago 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.88Views: 18248
Date 17 hrs ago 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 5Views: 4942