Prince Charles finds climate-change denial most unbecoming
Prince Charles Elmond Jiyane, GCIS/Associated Press
Prince Charles has called people who deny human-made climate change a "headless chicken brigade" who are ignoring overwhelming scientific evidence.
The heir to the British throne, a dedicated environmentalist, accused "powerful groups of deniers" of mounting "a barrage of sheer intimidation" against opponents.
He made the comments at a Buckingham Palace awards ceremony on Thursday.
Charles said it was "baffling ... that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells us about everything — until, that is, it comes to climate science."
He praised finalists for the Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize for having "the far-sightedness and confidence in what they know is happening to ignore the headless chicken brigade and do something practical to help."
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 56 injured, 6 critically
- Ukraine crisis: Obama rules out military action
- Canada's premiers pose like it's 1864 in Charlottetown
- B.C. teachers' strike: mediator Vince Ready stays involved
- California legislature passes 'yes means yes' bill
- Surrey girl, 9, lured from home and sexually assaulted
- Dramatic video of rescue released by Saskatoon police
- Rob Ford threatened teacher, had students roll in goose dung: documents
- Sunwing Flight 656: Melana Muzikante, Lilia Ratmanski granted bail
- Stephen Fearing wages Twitter war after Air Canada loses guitar
U.S. President Barack Obama says America will not support the Assad regime just to join forces to fight ISIS
Date 33 mins ago, Duration 2:33, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 123357
Date 2 hrs ago 2:40
Tooltip Information:B.C. tour bus crashes near MerrittVideo by:Description: RCMP say 56 people have been injured, several critically, in a tour bus crash on the Coquihalla HighwayRating: 4Views: 231
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 1Views: 20893