Quebec police seek possible 3rd suspect in kidnapping of couple
Quebec provincial police are looking for a third possible suspect in connection with a home invasion and kidnapping in Bouchette, Que., about 115 kilometres northwest of Ottawa.
Police say an elderly couple were forced out of their cottage overnight Friday and taken to a barn in L'Isle-aux-Allumettes, about 2 ½ hours southwest of Bouchette, where they were tied up.
The suspects fled the scene in the victims' car with a stolen computer, alcohol, money and a wallet, which police say they stole during the home invasion.
The vehicle was found around 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning near Pembroke, Ont.
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection to the kidnapping shortly after finding the car.
A second suspect, 17, was also arrested later in the day.
Both suspects are being held until a court appearance expected early next week.
After interviewing the couple, police say there may be a third suspect on the run.
The suspects were originally described by police as two English-speaking young men, both wearing scarves over their faces.
- Rob Ford in shouting match ahead of mayoral debate
- Ebola outbreak: More than doctors needed to contain West Africa's unprecedented crisis
- Craig Premack to talk about being shot during Cache Creek bike race
- David Huynh ID'd as man who fell to his death from Stanley Park's Prospect Point
- Gaza conflict: Hamas denies backing PLO call for 24-hour ceasefire
- Chinese cyberattack hits Canada's National Research Council
- Atlantic Lottery Corp. retailers won 165 jackpots last year
- Stoney Nakoda First Nation signs 'huge' oil deal with Chinese firm
- Alissa Chavez's Hot Seat alarm aims to prevent child hot car deaths
- Catharine Pendrel, Emily Batty win gold, silver in mountain bike
The 24-year-old won the 110m hurdles to continue his dominance in Glasgow
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:15, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-07-28 5:04
Tooltip Information:Damian Warner shatters men's decathlon 100m recordVideo by:Description: The Canadian impresses with a record time in Glasgow.Rating: 4Views: 3346