Toronto Mayor Rob Ford raises his fist in a mock salute to "socialism" in the council chamber as councillors look to pass motions to limit his powers in Toronto on Monday November 18, 2013. Chris Young/Canadian Press
An at-times heated Toronto city council meeting on a motion to further limit Mayor Rob Ford's power took a chaotic turn on Monday.
After the council speaker called for a 10-minute recess, the mayor went to the front row of the public gallery to talk to people sitting there and to pose for some pictures.
However, some in the public gallery were not supporters of the mayor and shouted at him.
During that same break, the mayor broke into a run on the floor of the council chamber and ended up bumping into Coun. Pam McConnell and she nearly hit the ground.
It was not immediately clear where Ford was headed when he collided with the councillor.
Ford later apologized for bumping McConnell.
- Malaysia Airlines jet search turns up nothing but ocean trash
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Autistic son 'prisoner' in Ottawa hospital
- South Korean trade deal sets up fight between auto, agriculture sectors
- New Boston Marathon security plans released
- Why bitcoin isn't dead yet
- HIV 'cure' for babies tested in Canada
- MP Laurie Hawn announces he's leaving federal politics
- Lev Tahor case: 7 children taken by child services in Ontario
- Sochi Paralympics confronts Russia's attitude towards disabled
David Cameron and Angela Merkel attend the opening of Germany's Information technology fair in Hanover. Duration: 01:04
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:03, Views 5
Video by: AFP