Toronto Mayor Rob Ford raises his fist in a mock salute to "socialism" in the council chamber as councillors look to pass motions to limit his powers in Toronto on Monday November 18, 2013. Chris Young/Canadian Press
An at-times heated Toronto city council meeting on a motion to further limit Mayor Rob Ford's power took a chaotic turn on Monday.
After the council speaker called for a 10-minute recess, the mayor went to the front row of the public gallery to talk to people sitting there and to pose for some pictures.
However, some in the public gallery were not supporters of the mayor and shouted at him.
During that same break, the mayor broke into a run on the floor of the council chamber and ended up bumping into Coun. Pam McConnell and she nearly hit the ground.
It was not immediately clear where Ford was headed when he collided with the councillor.
Ford later apologized for bumping McConnell.
- Amanda Todd case: RCMP announce 5 charges against Dutch citizen
- Matthew de Grood's father: 'Just like you, we struggle to understand what happened'
- South Korea ferry: The 'daunting task' of rescuing survivors
- Rob Ford launches re-election bid: 'I won't back down'
- South Korea ferry captain may have delayed evacuation
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel-winning author, dead at 87
- Mount Everest avalanche kills 6 Nepalese guides
- Vote on Kate's dresses from royal tour of Australia, New Zealand
- Portland empties 144 million-litre water reservoir after teen pees in it
- Canada to send 6 CF-18s for NATO operation in Eastern Europe
A look back at the Colombian-born Nobel laureate's life
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:25, Views 1
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 17 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.75Views: 20392
Date 14-04-17 2:06
Tooltip Information:Student arrested in Heartbleed-related theftVideo by:Description: RCMP have arrested a 19-year-old London, Ont., man in connection with the theft of 900 social insurance numbersRating: 3.6Views: 11922