Ronald Stan, Ontario man missing since 1977, found in U.S.
An Ontario man declared missing almost 37 years ago and assumed dead has been found alive in the United States.
Ontario Provincial Police in Middlesex County said in September 1977 that Ronald Stan, 32 at the time, was reported missing following a barn fire in the former Township of East Williams, 35 kilometres west of London.
The OPP and the Ontario Office of the Fire Marshal investigated the fire.
In 1986, nearly nine years after Stan disappeared, he was declared dead by the courts.
But in July 2014, a routine audit of the case reopened the investigation into his disappearance, and found he was alive.
The OPP discovered that Stan, now 69 years old, had been living in the U.S. under the name Jeff Walton.
Police have contacted the families affected by the discovery.
U.S. authorities have also been notified.
- Ottawa blocks Canadian from getting Syrian husband out of danger
- Global CO2 emissions break record ahead of UN climate talks
- Downsizing: When hitting the road hurts like hell
- Accused in high-profile child porn case pleads guilty
- B.C. teachers' strike: Public school students back in class today
- Justin Trudeau's abortion policy keeps people talking
- New Brunswick election 2014: Polls open
- Don Frigo shooting: Boris Panovski arrested, charged with murder
- High winds in Nova Scotia leave 50,000 in the dark at peak
- ISIS audio urges attacks on 'unbelievers' in Canada
Thousands of students in Hong Kong have converged on a university campus to begin a week-long boycott of classes.
Date 47 mins ago, Duration 1:33, Views 0
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.72Views: 96584
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.84Views: 11400
Date 20 hrs ago 1:33
Tooltip Information:Scotland minister says voters were 'misled and tricked'Video by:Description: Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, weighed in on the issue just days after the Yes side was defeatedRating: 5Views: 1204