Royal Bank raises dividend 6%, 1st-quarter profit up 2%
Royal Bank of Canada says its first-quarter net income was $2.09 billion, up $45 million or two per cent from a year earlier.
The bank also announced its quarterly dividend will increase by six per cent to 71 cents per common share.
Royal is the third of Canada's big banks to report improved net income for the three months ended Jan. 31.
In RBC's case, it earned $1.38 per common share under standard accounting, up four cents from $1.34 per share a year earlier.
Excluding some items, RBC's adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.47, which was above the general analyst estimate.
- Capital Power raising quarterly dividend
- Moody's revises outlook on Canadian bank system downward
- DuPont 2Q profit climbs 3.9 per cent
- Canada sitting on billions in lost money
- American Airlines to pay first dividend since 1980
- EBay 2Q profit climbs 5.6 per cent
- McDonald's 2Q profit falls 0.7 per cent
- Borrowing on mortgages eases in May: RBC
- Moody's cuts bank outlook to 'negative' on Ottawa's bail-in rule
- Boeing 2Q profit climbs 52 per cent
The United Nations Security Council has held an emergency meeting this morning to call for an immediate end to the hostilities in Gaza.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 1:48, Views 0
Date 14-07-27 0:43
Tooltip Information:Two-time champion Jim Jim Furyk takes 3-shot lead at Canadian OpenVideo by:Description: Watch Furyk in action on Saturday.Rating: 4Views: 313