Royal Bank raises dividend 6%, 1st-quarter profit up 2%
Royal Bank of Canada says its first-quarter net income was $2.09 billion, up $45 million or two per cent from a year earlier.
The bank also announced its quarterly dividend will increase by six per cent to 71 cents per common share.
Royal is the third of Canada's big banks to report improved net income for the three months ended Jan. 31.
In RBC's case, it earned $1.38 per common share under standard accounting, up four cents from $1.34 per share a year earlier.
Excluding some items, RBC's adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.47, which was above the general analyst estimate.
- Royal Bank Q1 net income rises to $2.09B
- TD Bank Q1 profit rises to $2 billion
- RBC promotes Jennifer Tory to retail bank head
- Royal Bank of Canada raises dividend as profit edges higher
- Magna profit jumps, dividend rising
- Canadian Natural hiking dividend
- RBC's consumer lending business still growing
- TSX advances amid strong RBC earnings
- Scotiabank Q1 profit up 6.5 per cent
- Laurentian net profit rises to $35.5 million
Former Olympian reportedly broke down in court when a neighbour described efforts to save Reeva Steenkamp's life
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:47, Views 194
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 1:55
Tooltip Information:RAW: Black bear determined to have a snackVideo by:Description: Outfitter Pat Garrett shot this video of a black bear back in May 2013 - but it is only now going viral.Rating: 5Views: 1977
Date 14-03-08 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 3.83Views: 7300
Date 14-03-08 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 3.25Views: 6000