Royal Bank raises dividend 6%, 1st-quarter profit up 2%
Royal Bank of Canada says its first-quarter net income was $2.09 billion, up $45 million or two per cent from a year earlier.
The bank also announced its quarterly dividend will increase by six per cent to 71 cents per common share.
Royal is the third of Canada's big banks to report improved net income for the three months ended Jan. 31.
In RBC's case, it earned $1.38 per common share under standard accounting, up four cents from $1.34 per share a year earlier.
Excluding some items, RBC's adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.47, which was above the general analyst estimate.
- Royal Bank Q1 net income rises to $2.09B
- TD Bank Q1 profit rises to $2 billion
- RBC promotes Jennifer Tory to retail bank head
- Royal Bank of Canada raises dividend as profit edges higher
- Magna profit jumps, dividend rising
- Aecon increases dividend despite profit slump
- Canadian Natural hiking dividend
- RBC's consumer lending business still growing
- Total Energy earnings flat; ups dividend 20%
- TSX advances amid strong RBC earnings
Mayor Gregor Robertson and Susan Tatoosh started at midnight
Date 51 mins ago, Duration 2:59, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-03-11 3:11
Tooltip Information:Barack Obama spars with Zach Galifianakis over health careVideo by:Description: U.S. president gets the 'Between Two Ferns' treatmentRating: 4.51Views: 1027620
Date 15 hrs ago 1:25
Tooltip Information:Roof of Winnipeg woman's garage collapses under weight of snowVideo by:Description: A Winnipeg homeowner is urging others to clear snow from the roofs of their homes, after the roof of her garage collapsed under the weight of snow.Rating: 3.5Views: 3878