Royal Bank raises dividend 6%, 1st-quarter profit up 2%
Royal Bank of Canada says its first-quarter net income was $2.09 billion, up $45 million or two per cent from a year earlier.
The bank also announced its quarterly dividend will increase by six per cent to 71 cents per common share.
Royal is the third of Canada's big banks to report improved net income for the three months ended Jan. 31.
In RBC's case, it earned $1.38 per common share under standard accounting, up four cents from $1.34 per share a year earlier.
Excluding some items, RBC's adjusted diluted earnings per share was $1.47, which was above the general analyst estimate.
- Royal Bank hikes dividend 6% after record profit
- Royal Bank earns record Q3 profits of $2.38B
- RBC raises dividend as profits rise, lifted by capital markets
- Gluskin Sheff Q4 revenue, earnings soar
- Scotiabank boosts dividend 2 cents on higher profit
- McDonald's boosts dividend by 5 per cent
- TSX moves lower amid strong bank earnings
- Scotiabank has higher profit, ups dividend
- Keystone XL costs surge, TransCanada says
- CIBC posts higher third-quarter net earnings
Xavier Dolan's Mommy is Canada's entry for best foreign-language film
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 3:05, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.55Views: 52630
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.62Views: 33460
Date 21 hrs ago 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 4.42Views: 4249