Runaway beer blimp loose over New Brunswick
The loose blimp is expected to touch down somewhere near Sussex. Submitted by Erin Tarantino/Twitter
In the skies over New Brunswick, you may see something unusual — and no, it’s not a bird, a plane or Superman.
A two storey, 21-metre-long Budweiser blimp in the shape of a hockey goal light is loose after breaking from its tether at a Saint John ball hockey tournament Saturday afternoon.
According to Transport Canada’s Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting System (CADOR), the blimp was last reported floating 1,200 to 1,500 metres up.
The report says the blimp was travelling northeast at approximately 11 km/h and is expected to descend somewhere over Sussex, N.B.
It's not clear when the blimp will come back down to earth.
A Notice to Airmen alert was issued for the Moncton airport and the Saint John flight service station, but CADORS does not expect the loose blimp to impact operations.
- Task force to examine exotic animal laws
- Moncton Wildcats contracts made public after challenge
- University women's hockey case proceeds
- New Brunswick gets power outage help from P.E.I.
- Injured Mounties thank public for support
- New Brunswick releases first quarter report
- New Brunswick prepares for heat, humidity on Canada Day
- Good Samaritan in Moncton returns grieving widow’s camera
- Grieving woman seeks help finding lost camera in Moncton area
- Mobile health study targets Bouctouche patients
A burst water main on Los Angeles' iconic Sunset Boulevard has caused flooding at the University of California, Los Angeles, local officials say.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 0:51, Views 8
Date 7 hrs ago 0:30
Tooltip Information:Commonwealth weightlifting gold medallist tests positiveVideo by:Description: 16-year-old Nigerian weightlifter Chika Amalaha has tested positive for banned drugsRating: 3Views: 4392