Schwartz's smoked meat recalled in Quebec, Ontario
The 550g packages of Schwartz's At Home Smoked Meat, with an expiry date of Dec. 13, could be contaminated with listeria. Photo courtesy CFIA
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has issued a recall notice for the At Home brand of smoked meat — which is from the iconic Montreal deli Schwartz's — due to possible listeria contamination.
The agency says consumers should not eat meat from the 550 g box of Schwartz's At Home brand Smoked Meat with an expiry date of Dec. 13.
The meat was sold in Quebec and Ontario.
So far, there have been no reported illnesses.
The CFIA says anyone who bought the smoked meat should throw it away or return it to the store where it was purchased.
Schwartz's, an 80-year-old Montreal institution, began selling its smoked meat in grocery stores earlier this year, after it was purchased by a conglomerate that included pop superstar Céline Dion and her husband René Angélil.
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
- Ukraine crisis: Putin urges safe passage for surrounded government troops
- Google's delivery drones newest front in war with Amazon
- Canada's premiers pose like it's 1864 in Charlottetown
- B.C. teachers' strike: mediator Vince Ready stays involved
- California legislature passes 'yes means yes' bill
- Surrey girl, 9, lured from home and sexually assaulted
- Dramatic video of rescue released by Saskatoon police
- Rob Ford threatened teacher, had students roll in goose dung: documents
- Ukraine crisis: Obama rules out military action
Giants pitcher breaks Jays lefty Buehrle's record of 45 straight.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:51, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 4Views: 180
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.14Views: 126004
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 2.33Views: 21948