Senate, spies and #FixThatHouse on Wednesdays with Kady
New revelations on the Mike Duffy RCMP investigation, allegations of industrial espionage along with new insight into one of Canada's most secretive agencies, your ideas to #FixThatHouse and next week's throne speech - so much to talk about in this week's live chat with Kady O'Malley that we brought in guest Evan Solomon.
We started with your questions about the latest Senate expenses details and your comments and questions about the Communications Security Establishment and the controversy over allegations of spying in the Brazilian mining industry.
And Evan Solomon, host of CBC News Network's Power & Politics and CBC Radio's The House, joined us to hear what you want to see in next week's speech from the throne and your ideas to #FixThatHouse.
Read a recap of the chat in the window below.
Mobile users, follow the live chat here.
- Theft of art, valuables in Dorchester worth $15,000
- Copper-cutting prompts stern warning from Mounties
- Canadian accused of trying to pass ship secrets to China
- Beware of fake $20 bills, police warn
- Weekend checkstop blitz nabs 70 drivers in Alberta
- RCMP release details on national security investigation
- Body of missing senior found near Lynn Canyon
- Canadian man accused of trying to pass classified info to China
- Second-degree murder charge laid against Sexsmith man
- RCMP step up video surveillance of Parliament Hill
N.B. doesn't have written policies on seatbelt use by prisoners or driving in bad weather.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:56, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 8 hrs ago 1:21
Tooltip Information:Road ruts blamed for Overdale Street crashVideo by:Description: A crash involving two vehicles on Winnipeg's Overdale Street has some wondering why city crews took so long to clear snow from residential streets.Rating: 1Views: 230
Date 13 hrs ago 4:18
Tooltip Information:Canada set up spy posts for U.S.Video by:Description: Top secret documents reveal Canada set up global spying posts and conducted espionage at the request of the U.S. National Security AgencyRating: 4Views: 943