Severed human foot found in Ontario Park, police confirm
The OPP have confirmed that a human foot was found in an Ontario Park last week. Canadian Press
Suspected human remains found in Presqu’ile Provincial Park, just south of Brighton in eastern Ontario, have been identified as a human foot.
Park staff found the foot, inside a women’s running shoe, on the north shore of Gull Island in Lake Ontario.
The shoe is a size 11 Mizuno brand for a left foot and is grey, black and pink.
Provincial police were called in to investigate on Wednesday. After working with the Ontario Coroner’s office, they confirmed Friday that the remains were human.
Anyone with information that could help with the investigation is asked to contact provincial police at the Brighton detachment.
- Supreme Court strikes down Canada's prostitution laws
- Snow, freezing rain, frigid weather expected through weekend
- BlackBerry stock rises 13% despite $4.4B loss
- Supreme Court prostitution decision: 5 questions
- Government won't buy new $2B armoured vehicles for army
- Stephen Harper says he will lead Conservatives in 2015 campaign
- Kingston fire-damaged crane approved to come down
- Nigella Lawson's 2 assistants acquitted of fraud
- Seasonal affective disorder brightens with 'atmosphere therapy'
- Elderly patient Tadeusz Czubak discharged to empty house not a ‘one-off' case
Vancouver airport recommends checking your flight status online
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:01, Views 23
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 2 hrs ago 5:02
Tooltip Information:Zack Ward's anti-bullying campaignVideo by:Description: Actor Zack Ward, who played bully Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story, talks about his own anti-bullying campaignRating: 4Views: 183
Date 13-12-19 5:04
Tooltip Information:Ashley Smith family lawyers react to verdictVideo by:Description: Julian Falconer says criminal investigation into Ashley Smith's death should be reopenedRating: 3.86Views: 50571