Snowden accepts Venezuela asylum, says Russian official
The head of the Russian parliament's foreign affairs committee says Edward Snowden has accepted Venezuela's offer of political asylum.
Alexei Pushkov made the statement on his Twitter account Tuesday. The message did not clarify how he learned of Snowden's purported acceptance, but Pushkov has acted as an unofficial point-man for the Kremlin on the Snowden affair.
- Why the U.S. hasn't nabbed Edward Snowden yet
- Snowden, Syria, Vladimir Putin's 'Cold Peace' with the West
Snowden, who revealed details of a U.S. intelligence program to monitor Internet activity, came to Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport on June 23 and was believed to be headed for Cuba. But he did not board that flight and has not been seen since. He is widely believed to be still in the airport's transit zone.
- McDonald's foreign worker practices halted in face of investigation
- Gas price jump 'doesn't make sense'
- Ron MacLean won't be reprimanded over Quebec refs comment
- Firefighters were unaware Peel warehouse contained explosive materials
- The Koch brothers: Who are they and why do Democrats hate them?
- Rail safety improvements announced by Lisa Raitt in wake of Lac-Mégantic
- Sarah Burke among Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame inductees
- 24 Sussex weekend medical call not for Harper family member: RCMP
- Foreign worker program abusers could face fraud charges, says minister
- Canadian robbed in Guatemala
Shakespeare's Globe theatre on Wednesday launched a two-year world tour of Hamlet that will visit every single country on earth. Duration: 01:08
Date 18 mins ago, Duration 1:08, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 20 hrs ago 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 3.95Views: 11130
Date 14-04-21 2:23
Tooltip Information:Waitresses lose jobs to foreign workersVideo by:Description: 2 servers say they were let go after working for years at a restaurant in SaskatchewanRating: 3.03Views: 46000
Date 7 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.41Views: 8759