Stag party shooting victims were from Toronto
Two men killed in an early morning shooting in a parking lot outside a stag party north of Toronto have been identified, and police believe the slayings were targeted hits.
The victims were identified as Salvatore Calautti, 41, and James Tusek, 35, both of Toronto.
York Regional Police said shots were fired at about 1 a.m. Friday at the Terrace Banquet Centre at 1680 Creditstone Rd., near Jane Street and Rutherford Road in Vaughan.
One man was shot in the head as he sat in a black BMW SUV. He was without vital signs when police arrived at the scene.
Police said the second victim in the same vehicle was shot in the stomach and later pronounced dead at Sunnybrook hospital.
Const. Blair McQuillan, of York Regional Police, said police are still appealing for witnesses, as many people were nearby when the shooting occurred.
"At the time, there was a bachelor party taking place," McQuillan said. "Investigators believe there were between 100 and 500 people on scene, closer to the 100 mark at the time that this incident actually took place."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the homicide unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
With files from CBC's Trevor Dunn
- Northern Gateway pipeline project: 6 things to know
- Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale drops lawsuit
- Why 'A Christmas Story' bully Scut Farkus wants to stop bullying
- Kingston fire shows need for crane operator rescue plan
- Dustin Paxton dangerous offender ruling expected today
- Putin: Russia's $15B Ukraine bailout not linked to EU talks
- Chinese cartoon producer partly responsible after kids burned
- Canada Post's Deepak Chopra says seniors want exercise from picking up mail
- Orlando the guide dog leaps onto NYC subway tracks to save owner
- Northern Gateway pipeline review to be released Thursday
Senators fall short against Devils.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 0:59, Views 1082
Video by: CBC - Top Stories