Suspect in 6-year-old's death is also a child
The suspect in the death of a six-year-old Saskatchewan boy may be a boy who's under 12 years old, according to information uncovered by the CBC.
CBC News has learned that a child under the age of 12 has been apprehended by social services in Saskatchewan following the death of a six-year-old Lee Bonneau.
It happened on a small First Nation community east of Regina.
Last week, Bonneau was last seen playing outside a recreation centre with some dogs around 8:30 p.m. CST when his foster mother lost sight of him.
After a 90-minute search, Bonneau was found with serious head injuries. RCMP said he was located in an open area along a treeline.
Bonneau was rushed to hospital in Broadview, Sask. where he was pronounced dead.
No charges can be laid because the child is below the age of criminal responsibility.
If he is deemed responsible, he will be one of the youngest killers in Canadian history.
RCMP in Saskatchewan remain tight-lipped on the latest development.
A news conference is expected from authorities on Tuesday.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Crash cause coverup likely impossible
- Beef's environmental costs called exceptionally high
- Detroit bankruptcy: Retirees vote in favour of pension cuts
- Mike Duffy charged Senate to attend personal funerals, RCMP say
- Grizzly bear 'highway' uncovered in B.C. rainforest
- Indonesia election: Prabowo Subianto loses, angrily rejects process
- The International 4: DOTA 2 winners Team Newbee crowned
- SkyTrain reopens after power outage
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect's friend convicted of impeding probe
- Virtuous Pedophiles group gives support therapy cannot
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 6
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6002
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7130