Suspect in 6-year-old's death is also a child
The suspect in the death of a six-year-old Saskatchewan boy may be a boy who's under 12 years old, according to information uncovered by the CBC.
CBC News has learned that a child under the age of 12 has been apprehended by social services in Saskatchewan following the death of a six-year-old Lee Bonneau.
It happened on a small First Nation community east of Regina.
Last week, Bonneau was last seen playing outside a recreation centre with some dogs around 8:30 p.m. CST when his foster mother lost sight of him.
After a 90-minute search, Bonneau was found with serious head injuries. RCMP said he was located in an open area along a treeline.
Bonneau was rushed to hospital in Broadview, Sask. where he was pronounced dead.
No charges can be laid because the child is below the age of criminal responsibility.
If he is deemed responsible, he will be one of the youngest killers in Canadian history.
RCMP in Saskatchewan remain tight-lipped on the latest development.
A news conference is expected from authorities on Tuesday.
- Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale drops lawsuit
- Canada Post's Deepak Chopra says seniors want exercise from picking up mail
- Orlando the guide dog leaps onto NYC subway tracks to save owner
- Northern Gateway pipeline review to be released Thursday
- Crews hope to have Kingston crane down by Thursday night
- Ex-Bloc MP Maria Mourani says she is no longer a sovereigntist
- Sleep favoured over socializing, poll suggests
- Mark Zuckerberg, banks sued over Facebook IPO
- U.S. Federal Reserve tapers bond-buying to $75B US a month
- Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale accepts
Health officials urge vaccination, especially for young children
Date 49 mins ago, Duration 2:55, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 2:19
Tooltip Information:Damaged crane could collapseVideo by:Description: The Kingston, Ont., crane operator rescued by the military Tuesday is still in hospital, while the damaged crane is in danger of collapsing, Waubgeshig Rice reportsRating: 4Views: 989
Date 13-12-17 9:07
Tooltip Information:Lottery winner shares the wealthVideo by:Description: Bob Erb has written more than 150 cheques in the month since he collected his $25-million lottery prize, Reg Sherren reportsRating: 4.09Views: 31616
Date 3 hrs ago 5:15
Tooltip Information:New blood pressure treatment guidelinesVideo by:Description: New recommendations suggest many older adults with high blood pressure can be treated less aggressively, which could mean taking fewer pillsRating: 2Views: 258