Suspect in 6-year-old's death is also a child
The suspect in the death of a six-year-old Saskatchewan boy may be a boy who's under 12 years old, according to information uncovered by the CBC.
CBC News has learned that a child under the age of 12 has been apprehended by social services in Saskatchewan following the death of a six-year-old Lee Bonneau.
It happened on a small First Nation community east of Regina.
Last week, Bonneau was last seen playing outside a recreation centre with some dogs around 8:30 p.m. CST when his foster mother lost sight of him.
After a 90-minute search, Bonneau was found with serious head injuries. RCMP said he was located in an open area along a treeline.
Bonneau was rushed to hospital in Broadview, Sask. where he was pronounced dead.
No charges can be laid because the child is below the age of criminal responsibility.
If he is deemed responsible, he will be one of the youngest killers in Canadian history.
RCMP in Saskatchewan remain tight-lipped on the latest development.
A news conference is expected from authorities on Tuesday.
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76
- How one Colorado county is using its marijuana profits
- St. John River ice mass moving, water levels could rise
- Kandahar to Carleton U.: Afghan woman's risky pursuit of education
- Alistair MacLeod, acclaimed Canadian writer, dead at 77
- Boston Marathon local favourite Shalane Flanagan wants to win
- Ontario inmates get 'inadequate' food in court, lawyers say
- South Korea ferry: transcripts reveal evacuation confusion
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families discuss financial help
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
Media workers across Pakistan have held angry protests after a leading journalist was shot and wounded on Saturday.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:21, Views 2
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.35Views: 6370
Date 2 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 4Views: 237
Date 2 hrs ago 2:23
Tooltip Information:Ottawa police dealing with racist graffitiVideo by:Description: There have been 30 cases of graffiti popping up in the Westboro and Ottawa River areas.Rating: 4Views: 24