Terrorism charges to be announced by Mounties in B.C.
Mounties in B.C. are holding a news conference Tuesday morning to announce charges related to a terrorism investigation.
In a written release, police said the charges are related to a national security investigation.
The investigation, dubbed Project Souvenir, was co-ordinated by the RCMP-led Integrated National Security Enforcement Teams, made up of investigators from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and Canada Border Service Agency.
The news conference is slated for 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET) at RCMP headquarters in Surrey.
No further details have been released.
- How a Winnipeg lab became an Ebola research powerhouse
- UN Climate Summit to lay groundwork for global plan to curb emissions
- BC Ferries fare hikes forcing some to rethink island work, life
- Importing air pollution from China
- Pennsylvania multi-car crash leaves 4 children, 1 adult dead
- Calgary cougar shooting to get full review, justice minister says
- Linda Griffiths, actor and playwright, dead after battle with cancer
- Battle for your breakfast buck: Fast food attacks cereal's supremacy
- Wind, rainfall warnings blanket Atlantic coastline
- Calgary snow cleanup moves to curbsides, back lanes
CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through Manhattan
Date 56 mins ago, Duration 4:21, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.7Views: 91226
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 3Views: 8936
Date 5 hrs ago 1:33
Tooltip Information:Scotland minister says voters were 'misled and tricked'Video by:Description: Alex Salmond, Scotland's first minister, weighed in on the issue just days after the Yes side was defeatedRating: 4Views: 243