Terrorism charges to be announced by Mounties in B.C.
Mounties in B.C. are holding a news conference Tuesday morning to announce charges related to a terrorism investigation.
In a written release, police said the charges are related to a national security investigation.
The investigation, dubbed Project Souvenir, was co-ordinated by the RCMP-led Integrated National Security Enforcement Teams, made up of investigators from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and Canada Border Service Agency.
The news conference is slated for 11 a.m. PT (2 p.m. ET) at RCMP headquarters in Surrey.
No further details have been released.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families want proof with financial help
- Pro-marijuana protesters hit Parliament Hill
Sharks continue their dominance of the Kings as they take a 2-0 series lead.
Date 49 mins ago, Duration 1:28, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 15 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.7Views: 18887
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9805