Tornado warning issued in southern Ontario
A tornado warning is in effect for parts of southern Ontario as a storm system tracks across the province.
Environment Canada said at 5:25 p.m. ET that meteorologists were tracking a dangerous thunderstorm near London, Ont., that is likely to produce a tornado. Large hail and torrential downpours are also associated with the storm.
"Doppler radar indicates strong rotation about 20 [kilometres] north of London and it is moving eastward at 60 km/h," Environment Canada said. "This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation."
Tornado warnings posted for areas between Brockville and Ottawa have subsequently been ended.
Many watches and warnings for severe thunderstorms were also posted across southern and eastern parts of the province, which has seen two days of hot, humid conditions.
People are advised take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches, Emergency Management Ontario recommends.
- Mohamed Fahmy: Egypt's president won't interfere with courts in Canadian's case
- Rob Anders a no-show as he loses nomination in Bow River
- Canadian soldiers may be hiding health problems to protect pensions
- Nude celebrity photo leak: More images posted to online forums
- Secret Service boosts security outside White House after fence-jumper incident
- BC Ferries won't get more government subsidies: Todd Stone
- Tropical Storm Fung-Wong moves north, leaves 5 dead in Philippines
- Doug Ford officially launches his mayoral campaign
- Ebola outbreak: Burial team attacked in Sierra Leone amid 3-day lockdown
- ISIS takes over Syria Kurdish villages as thousands flee to Turkey
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats has a thrilling come from behind 25-23 win over the Edmonton Eskimos, thanks to a late Brandon Banks touchdown.
Date 4 hrs ago, Duration 0:47, Views 19
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.75Views: 87405
Date 5 hrs ago 0:47
Tooltip Information:Banks TD the difference in Ticats win over EskimosVideo by:Description: The Hamilton Tiger-Cats has a thrilling come from behind 25-23 win over the Edmonton Eskimos, thanks to a late Brandon Banks touchdown.Rating: 4Views: 35
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 3Views: 7050