U.S. woman pleads guilty to killing 2 Ontario tourists
A homeless woman has pleaded guilty to two counts of murder in the fatal stabbings of an Ontario mother and daughter who were visiting Atlantic City.
The Press of Atlantic City reports 45-year-old Antoinette Pelzer entered her pleas Friday afternoon.
Authorities say Pelzer stabbed 80-year-old Po Lin Wan and 47-year-old Alice Mei See Leung to death during a robbery attempt in May 2012.
- Atlantic City murder suspect has schizophrenia, says family
- Atlantic City stabbing victims identified
Pelzer allegedly attacked Leung with a butcher knife then turned on Wan when she tried to intervene.
The Scarborough, Ont., women died in hospital.
Pelzer's public defender previously said her client had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
The Philadelphia woman could face two consecutive life sentences under the terms of her plea agreement.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 24.
- Surrey Six trial: Former Red Scorpions leader pleads guilty
- Third man pleads guilty in Mission double homicide
- Victoria Weir-Hales guilty of murdering Cristina Cline
- Victoria Weir-Hales convicted of murdering Cristina Cline
- Guilty plea in high-profile B.C. gang killing
- US teen who dismembered girl gets life in prison
- 2 men charged with murder in 18-year-old's death
- Gasps, tears fill court as Shawn Lamb recalls slayings
- Shawn Lamb sentenced to 20 years for two slayings
- Guilty plea in deaths of aboriginal women
Tuba players surprised downtown St. John's shoppers on Saturday with Christmas carols
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:39, Views 262
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 5 hrs ago 2:41
Tooltip Information:Hospital theftVideo by:Description: An Orillia man is coming to grips with a theft from a St. Michael's hospital room that has left him without his wedding band, and his wife without several belongings.Rating: 4Views: 229