Vancouver woman crushed under her car in driveway accident
A Vancouver woman was killed Friday when her car rolled backward down her driveway, trapping and crushing her underneath it.
Police say the 52-year-old woman was found trapped under the car in the south lane of East 13th Avenue near Commercial Drive on Friday afternoon by her neighbours who spotted the car in the middle of the lane with two dogs inside.
Police, firefighters and ambulance crews responded to the 911 call, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Const. Brian Montague said it is not clear if the woman was unloading or loading the car, but it appears it slipped out of gear.
"The car was not running, the keys were not in the ignition, but it's a standard transmission vehicle. For some reason, or somehow, the vehicle came out of gear and rolled backward over top of her."
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with jet carrying 239 people
- Shipbuilding memo shows more delays, cost overruns
- Condom piercer loses Supreme Court appeal
- Former Mountie charged with 8 sex assaults against youths
- Inability to enjoy music recognized as a brain condition
- Transgender woman's jail treatment prompts complaints
- Elderly dementia patient slips hospital, takes cab 80 km
- Disabled RCMP vets strike benefits deal with Ottawa
- Air Canada may hike fares, fees due to low dollar
- University of Ottawa prof decries administration 'gutlessness'
Brad Baker says they're helping students deal with fatal drowning
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 2:31, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories