Vancouver woman crushed under her car in driveway accident
A Vancouver woman was killed Friday when her car rolled backward down her driveway, trapping and crushing her underneath it.
Police say the 52-year-old woman was found trapped under the car in the south lane of East 13th Avenue near Commercial Drive on Friday afternoon by her neighbours who spotted the car in the middle of the lane with two dogs inside.
Police, firefighters and ambulance crews responded to the 911 call, but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Const. Brian Montague said it is not clear if the woman was unloading or loading the car, but it appears it slipped out of gear.
"The car was not running, the keys were not in the ignition, but it's a standard transmission vehicle. For some reason, or somehow, the vehicle came out of gear and rolled backward over top of her."
- Lee Joon-seok, South Korea ferry captain, faces 5 charges
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Mount Everest avalanche: Search continues for buried Nepalese guides
- Amanda Todd case: Dutch suspect may have targeted other Canadian children
- Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia militants shrug off Geneva deal
- N.B. officials warn of more flooding due to 35-km-long ice mass
- Anti-Semitic flyers rattle eastern Ukraine's Jewish community: Derek Stoffel
- Share a juicer, your dog or a room in your home? How the sharing economy took off
Ducks 'gamer' Getzlaf nets 2 points to sink Stars.
Date 43 mins ago, Duration 1:20, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 4Views: 206
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 27736