Via trains delayed between Toronto and Montreal after crossing collision
Train/car crash near Trenton, Ont., Aug 6, 2014. Courtesy of Quinte News
Afatal railway accident has interrupted Via Rail service between Toronto and Montreal. Via trains are being held at Belleville, Cobourg and Kingston, going east and west, after a CN freight train struck a car.
A westbound freight train hit a car at a crossing west of Trenton, Ont., shortly after 10 a.m. ET, according to CN spokesman Jim Feeny.
No one on the train was injured, but the driver of the car was killed, Feeny told CBC News. The train was not damaged.
Via said five trains — 43, 51, 52, 61 and 62 — have been affected because of the incident.
- Dozens of railcars derail from train in Arizona
- Trespasser struck, killed by Via train east of Ottawa
- City remembers fatal bus crash
- Train collides with pickup truck in Salisbury
- TSB faces challenges collecting bus data in Ottawa bus-train crash
- Alberta mayor concerned after another derailment
- Plow winds caused freight train derailment: CPR
- Train derails east of Slave Lake
- CP train derails in eastern Saskatchewan, wind may have been factor
- Slave Lake train derailment has town on edge, mayor says
8 homicides over past 12 days 'unusual' for this year
Date 46 mins ago, Duration 1:45, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.32Views: 40775
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 2.68Views: 28936
Date 2 hrs ago 1:29
Tooltip Information:WARNING graphic content: Cougar shot, killed in Calgary RAWVideo by:Description: An Alberta wildlife officer has shot and killed a cougar that was prowling around Calgaryâs South Health Campus this morning. The video was shot by eye witness Shannon Andersen.Rating: 4Views: 20