Vincent Nett, U.S. student who set self on fire, dies
A police cruiser blocks the entrance to Standley Lake HIgh School, where classes were cancelled after an apparent suicide attempt by a student, in Westminster, Colo., on Monday, Jan. 27, 2014. Brennan Linsley/Associated Press
A 16-year-old student who set himself on fire at a suburban Denver high school nearly two weeks ago has died, said police.
Vincent Nett succumbed to his injuries around 5 p.m. Sunday, said Cheri Spottke, Westminster Police Department police investigator. The boy was burned on over 80 per cent of his body and had been in critical condition at a local hospital.
According to police and fire reports, the boy doused himself with an accelerant before lighting himself on fire in an apparent suicide attempt in Standley Lake High School's cafeteria on Jan. 27.
Spottke said the official cause of death will come from the coroner's office.
She said counsellors will be available Monday at the Westminster school.
- Teens who died in Charlottetown fire identified
- Student deaths in Charlottetown fire confirmed
- Stabbing spree at Pennsylvania high school wounds 22
- Student stabbed at Toronto-area school
- South Glenmore Park death not suspicious, police say
- Lockdown ends after teen stabbed at Brampton high school
- 2 Montague students dead in Charlottetown fire, say schools
- Student held up at gunpoint near south Edmonton high school
- Police look for clues from house fire and homicide in Regina
- 3 teen males arrested after Brampton high school stabbing
Blue Jackets rally to take Game 4 in OT.
Date 51 mins ago, Duration 1:26, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 16 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Ron MacLean's apology on Quebec refsVideo by:Description: Hockey Night In Canada commentator tries to extricate himself from hot water after comments about the impartiality of French-Canadian referees assigned to Montreal Canadiens playoff gamesRating: 3.3Views: 16033
Date 6 hrs ago 2:09
Tooltip Information:Criminal charges coming after Winnipeg hockey fightVideo by:Description: Police say charges are pending against three people involved in an on-ice brawl at a hockey tournament in Winnipeg.Rating: 2.66Views: 875
Date 14-04-22 3:08
Tooltip Information:CBC reporter helps reconnect familyVideo by:Description: CBC's Neil Herland helped Perry Wilson reunite with his sister and brother after 20 years apart.Rating: 3.86Views: 14578