WestJet plane with engine problems lands safely at Pearson airport
A WestJet plane at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. Carolyn Ryan/CBC
A WestJet plane with engine problems that was scheduled to travel from Hamilton to Calgary landed safely at Toronto's Pearson airport this morning, police have confirmed to CBC News.
Peel Regional Police said the plane touched down in Toronto just before 8 a.m. ET Thursday.
A flight-tracking website shows WestJet Flight 585 left Hamilton at 6:51 a.m. ET before landing at Pearson International Airport at 7:39 a.m. ET. The site lists the flight as "diverted."
WestJet did not immediately respond to calls early Thursday.
- WestJet's new baggage fee hits turbulence in Winnipeg
- WestJet to charge some customers for first checked bag, stock up
- Air Canada adds new bag fee, following WestJet
- WestJet charges $25 bag fee for economy fares
- WestJet charges $25 for checked bags in economy in Canada, U.S.
- Air Canada adds $25 checked bag fee for economy travel
- Canadian airlines post strong August numbers
- Air Canada joins WestJet in charging bag fee
- Air Canada preparing for new labour talks
- Pricey baggage, tip etiquette, and Scotland's 'no' vote: BUSINESS WEEK WRAP
Yemeni Prime Minister Mohammed Basindwa resigns amid reports that rebels have taken control of the government headquarters.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:19, Views 10
Date 5 hrs ago 4:21
Tooltip Information:World climate change ralliesVideo by:Description: CBC's Paul Hunter reports from NYC, where organizers say at least 100,000 people are taking part in a march through ManhattanRating: 4Views: 909
Date 14-09-18 2:20
Tooltip Information:Homeowner seeks repayment for construction damagesVideo by:Description: Bill Shotyk says the company working on a home next door to his is refusing for pay for damage to his property.Rating: 2.84Views: 10214
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.74Views: 93972