Where in Canada do you pay the most tax?
Canadians may not realize it but which part of the country you live in can make a big difference to your total tax bill. Shutterstock
The province or territory where you lived on Dec. 31, 2013, determines how much income tax you owe.
Provincial and territorial income tax rates and tax brackets — and therefore overall tax bills — vary widely from one part of the country to the next.
The graph below shows how much federal and provincial income tax Canadians pay in each province and territory at eight different income levels: from $25,000 to $130,000.
You can click on the abbreviations beside the coloured boxes below the graph to select or deselect individual provinces and territories.
You can also mouse over each income data point to see the specific tax bill for each province and territory at each income level.
Note: The tax payable amounts do not include non-refundable tax credits other than the basic personal tax credit.
- Obama pushes to stop corporate overseas tax moves
- Glencore denies media claim it avoided Australia taxes
- Tony Metlege, Halifax developer, fined for tax evasion
- Abbvie's $55B merger with Shire to cut its tax burden
- Taxes a surprise expense in retirement
- Credit Suisse has $779M loss in 2Q due US tax case
- TV channel vows to stay in Hungary despite ad tax
- AbbVie, Shire enter detailed talks on combination
- Calculating adjusted cost base: A case study
- Metis leaders argued for tax-free treatment
Indonesia's next president faces challenges including cutting the country's controversial fuel subsidies.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:03, Views 51
Date 14-07-21 2:11
Tooltip Information:Eviction notice served to City of VancouverVideo by:Description: First Nation supporters of a homeless camp at Oppenheimer Park say the city can't evict themRating: 3.75Views: 7191
Date 14-07-20 2:52
Tooltip Information:21-year-old found dead at music festivalVideo by:Description: Homicide investigators say Regina resident Nick Phongsavath was found dead in his tent Friday.Rating: 3Views: 6065