Woman's nose severed in Toronto elevator attack
An elderly woman's nose was severed during an attack that occurred in a downtown Toronto elevator, police say.
Toronto police say the woman had just got off a streetcar, near Yonge and Dundas streets, when she was approached by a man at about 2 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Police say the woman was attacked by the man when she was on an elevator at nearby Dundas Square.
The man involved in the attack fled the scene.
Police say the suspect is a 40- to 60-year-old male, who is between 5'6" and 5'8" in height.
With files from The Canadian Press
- Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- 1 person dead after crane falls into German supermarket
- Bruce Heyman, U.S. ambassador nominee, faces Senate hearing
- Pot-smoking Mountie Ron Francis charged with assault
- India gay sex ban reinstated by top court
- Nelson Mandela's flag-draped casket lies in state
- Listen to this morning's news in 2 minutes: #cbcAMexpress
- Former late-night CTV Ottawa anchor Leigh Chapple dies
- Scott Jones says he was attacked for being gay
Pop megastar Justin Bieber dances and plays with young survivors of the Philippines' deadliest typhoon, bringing cheer to the disaster zone amid an int... More Pop megastar Justin Bieber dances and plays with young survivors of the Philippines' deadliest typhoon, bringing cheer to the disaster zone amid an international relief effort. Duration: 00:21
Date 3 mins ago, Duration 0:21, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 13-12-10 0:30
Tooltip Information:Obama shakes Castro's handVideo by:Description: U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Cuban President Raul Castro during the memorial service for Nelson MandelaRating: 3.32Views: 31317
Date 12 hrs ago 0:45
Tooltip Information:Police seek 'Dirty Dozen' bank robbersVideo by:Description: New images are unveiled of bank robbers sought by police forces across southern Ontario.Rating: 4Views: 742