Woman's nose severed in Toronto elevator attack
An elderly woman's nose was severed during an attack that occurred in a downtown Toronto elevator, police say.
Toronto police say the woman had just got off a streetcar, near Yonge and Dundas streets, when she was approached by a man at about 2 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Police say the woman was attacked by the man when she was on an elevator at nearby Dundas Square.
The man involved in the attack fled the scene.
Police say the suspect is a 40- to 60-year-old male, who is between 5'6" and 5'8" in height.
With files from The Canadian Press
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 wreckage spotted in northeastern Mali, president says
- Gaza conflict: Israeli fire hits compound housing UN school, killing 15
- Iceberg collapse proves risks of getting too close: videographer
- False killer whale calf now nursing at Vancouver aquarium
- Kamloops cleans up from flash flooding
- GM puts $400M in fund for ignition-switch deaths, injuries
- Ukraine crisis: PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk resigns amid government collapse
- Gaza conflict: Air Canada resumes Tel Aviv flights as FAA ban lifted
- Justin Bieber pulls a Beyoncé, hints online at surprise album
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 'probably crashed' with 5 Canadians on board
Washington's top diplomat John Kerry Thursday pressed efforts to end bloodshed in Gaza, reaching out to allies of Hamas as the Islamist movement's war ... More Washington's top diplomat John Kerry Thursday pressed efforts to end bloodshed in Gaza, reaching out to allies of Hamas as the Islamist movement's war with Israel raged into a 17th day. Duration: 00:59
Date 7 mins ago, Duration 0:59, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 19 hrs ago 1:29
Tooltip Information:Susan Boyle has slight stumble with Mull of KintyreVideo by:Description: Singer seems to forget the opening line to the song then recovers to finish strong.Rating: 2Views: 3281