Woman's nose severed in Toronto elevator attack
An elderly woman's nose was severed during an attack that occurred in a downtown Toronto elevator, police say.
Toronto police say the woman had just got off a streetcar, near Yonge and Dundas streets, when she was approached by a man at about 2 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Police say the woman was attacked by the man when she was on an elevator at nearby Dundas Square.
The man involved in the attack fled the scene.
Police say the suspect is a 40- to 60-year-old male, who is between 5'6" and 5'8" in height.
With files from The Canadian Press
- B.C. teachers' strike: Tensions flare at Vancouver rally
- No arrests yet in deadly shooting near Clinton, Ont.
- Harper government considers soldiers on Viagra a cabinet secret
- Enterovirus D-68: Alberta testing for strain after spike in child hospital admissions
- David Haines beheading: British PM vows to 'hunt down those responsible'
- TIFF People's Choice Award goes to The Imitation Game
- Ministers jockey for surplus bucks as Commons returns
- Controversial natural gas rule changes came after B.C., oil lobby met
- Halifax fire under control, building gutted
- ISIS war chest grows by an estimated $3M every day
Mayoral contender Doug Ford says the public will have to wait for details of his platform.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:17, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 7 hrs ago 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 2.94Views: 3029
Date 14-09-08 2:11
Tooltip Information:Michael Moore explains Rob Ford to AmericansVideo by:Description: Roger & Me filmmaker, Michael Moore, took a few swipes at Toronto's troubled mayor while visiting that city's 2014 film festivalRating: 3.42Views: 83868
Date 14-09-12 2:00
Tooltip Information:Solar flares hurtle towards EarthVideo by:Description: A major storm on the surface of the sun triggers a powerful solar flare that could disrupt electronics on the EarthRating: 2.96Views: 20275