Brazil Olympian breaks bronze medal in the shower
A Brazilian judoka accidentally broke his Olympic bronze medal when he brought it into the shower. Now he's fighting to have it replaced.
Felipe Kitadai said he was carrying the medal everywhere. He took it with him to the shower as a joke, then dropped it while trying to keep it from getting wet.
Kitadai told Brazil's GloboEsporte.com that the part holding the medal's string broke, and now he can't wear it around his neck. He said there's also a small dent on it.
Kitadai won the bronze in the men's 60-kilogram division Saturday.
The Brazilian Olympic Committee says it will request a new medal even though it knows the International Olympic Committee has no obligation to give Kitadai another one.
- Justin Trudeau's pot stance in line with 1 in 3 Canadians, poll suggests
- Justin Bourque found fit to stand trial in Moncton shootings
- Gaza conflict: Israel, Hamas both committing war crimes, UN official says
- How dinosaurs shrank into birds
- Toronto ranked 15th on global list of millionaires
- Pope Francis's 10 happiness tips: Turn off the TV and don't try to convert others
- 'Mr. Big' stings get stricter rules from Supreme Court
- Georgia Walsh: Minivan driver charged in death of 7-year-old
- Bass Coast festival headdress bans ruffles feathers and sparks debate
- Scott Morgan wins gold, silver in gymnastics
Rescue workers in western India are working to locate survivors of a landslide that has claimed at least 30 lives and buried up to 200 people.
Date 36 mins ago, Duration 1:32, Views 607