Brazil Olympian breaks bronze medal in the shower
A Brazilian judoka accidentally broke his Olympic bronze medal when he brought it into the shower. Now he's fighting to have it replaced.
Felipe Kitadai said he was carrying the medal everywhere. He took it with him to the shower as a joke, then dropped it while trying to keep it from getting wet.
Kitadai told Brazil's GloboEsporte.com that the part holding the medal's string broke, and now he can't wear it around his neck. He said there's also a small dent on it.
Kitadai won the bronze in the men's 60-kilogram division Saturday.
The Brazilian Olympic Committee says it will request a new medal even though it knows the International Olympic Committee has no obligation to give Kitadai another one.
- Ebola outbreak: Canada to donate $2.5M for protective equipment
- Taliban suicide bomber strikes NATO convoy, killing 3
- Mike Duffy case: Court in session Tuesday for senator's expenses case
- B.C. teachers' strike: Both sides back at bargaining table
- Enterovirus D-68: Alberta confirms virus after spike in child hospital admissions
- Apple gives users ability to delete U2 album from iTunes
- U.S. targets ISIS in Iraq with fresh airstrikes
- Tories table plan to stop violence against aboriginal women and girls
- Jim Prentice says Alberta 'under new management'
- Kent State sweatshirt prompts Urban Outfitters apology
The president of Ghana calls for the easing of restrictions on West African countries fighting the ebola epidemic.
Date 5 hrs ago, Duration 1:50, Views 3
Date 20 hrs ago 2:27
Tooltip Information:Django Unchained actor cuffed by L.A. policeVideo by:Description: Daniele Watts detained. Police responded to complaint about 'indecent exposure' in a silver MercedesRating: 1.75Views: 6021
Date 14-09-14 6:17
Tooltip Information:How Britain is reacting to David Haines beheadingVideo by:Description: CBC News speaks with Fawaz Gerges, professor of international relations at the London School of Economics and Political ScienceRating: 3.31Views: 18154