Brazil Olympian breaks bronze medal in the shower
A Brazilian judoka accidentally broke his Olympic bronze medal when he brought it into the shower. Now he's fighting to have it replaced.
Felipe Kitadai said he was carrying the medal everywhere. He took it with him to the shower as a joke, then dropped it while trying to keep it from getting wet.
Kitadai told Brazil's GloboEsporte.com that the part holding the medal's string broke, and now he can't wear it around his neck. He said there's also a small dent on it.
Kitadai won the bronze in the men's 60-kilogram division Saturday.
The Brazilian Olympic Committee says it will request a new medal even though it knows the International Olympic Committee has no obligation to give Kitadai another one.
- Montreal mayor resigns amid corruption charges
- G8 leaders agree to 7-point plan on Syria as summit wraps
- Are e-cigarettes safe to puff?
- Tory MP bows to Elections Canada in fight over expenses
- TV chef Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by police for assault
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.9 million Jeep SUVs in U.S., Canada
- Tim Hortons being circled by Wall Street hedge funds
- MPs and senators' side income provokes ethics debate
- Justin Bieber's car strikes pedestrian, but no charge laid
- Canadians in Dominican wedding fight freed from jail
Motorists have spotted a seemingly-fearless wolf along the highway in Kootenay National Park in British Columbia for the second time in a week.
Date 17 hrs ago, Duration 2:08, Views 8126
Video by: CBC - British Columbia
Date 16 hrs ago 2:08
Tooltip Information:Wolf sightings on B.C. highwayVideo by:Description: Motorists have spotted a seemingly-fearless wolf along the highway in Kootenay National Park in British Columbia for the second time in a week.Rating: 4Views: 0