Canadian restrained on flight to Miami arrested
A Canadian man is in custody for rushing toward the front of an American Airlines flight from Jamaica after the plane landed in Miami.
The FBI said the man faces federal charges including interference with a flight crew. He is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday. It's not known if he has an attorney.
The FBI said the incident was not terrorism-related and the man is not on the "no fly list."
Airline officials said the disoriented passenger stood up from his seat after landing Friday at Miami International Airport from Montego Bay. The flight was taxiing and he didn't obey crew member instructions to sit down. Authorities said he rushed toward the cockpit and bumped the door. He was subdued by some of the 165 passengers on Flight 320 and held until police could remove him from the plane, a Boeing 757-200.
A Miami-Dade Police detective told a local CBS TV channel that the man appeared to be drunk.
Ryan Snider, 24, has been charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting arrest, as well as the federal charges. Police did not provide Snider's hometown.
- Air Canada to consider firing workers in baggage toss video
- Calgary stabbings: victims' families come together to heal
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Ukraine crisis: At barricades, insurgents await Easter
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman dies after dad hits her trying to park near Ottawa hospital
- Aggressive raccoon attacks puppy in Vancouver's West End
- Dog thief caught on camera at Vancouver tattoo parlour
- MERS virus outbreak raising SARS-like concern
- Mount Everest avalanche highlights risk Sherpas face
Blues win in OT as Blackhawks buckle.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:45, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 4 hrs ago 1:40
Tooltip Information:MH370 underwater search could end within weekVideo by:Description: Malaysia's acting transport minister says search for missing airliner has entered a crucial phase, Andrew Lee reportsRating: 4Views: 1291
Date 5 hrs ago 3:17
Tooltip Information:Luggage toss caught on videoVideo by:Description: Dwayne Stewart was sitting on an Air Canada plane when he noticed a baggage handler dropping luggage at least 3 metres into a bin belowRating: 4Views: 1514
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.37Views: 4494