Suspects to appear at Indian gang rape hearing
NEW DELHI - Defence lawyers say the cases of five men charged in the fatal gang rape of a young woman on a moving New Delhi bus are expected to be shifted to a fast track court.
A hearing on whether to move the cases was to be held Monday. It had been set for last week but was rescheduled when it turned out that the official list of charges was not completely legible.
Five men have been charged with the Dec. 16 attack on the young woman, who died later in a Singapore hospital. They could face the death penalty if convicted. A sixth suspect, who says he is 17 years old, is likely to be tried in a juvenile court if medical tests confirm he is a minor.
- Rob Ford offered to buy crack video, surveillance reports suggest
- PTSD-suffering veteran speaks out about suicide attempt
- Mike Duffy audit: Senate kills attempt to call Deloitte executive
- Newtown school shooting 911 calls released
- Ken Pereira testifies at the Quebec corruption commission
- Paul Walker died of 'traumatic and thermal injuries' from crash
- Military health system questioned after soldiers' deaths
- Stephen Harper to meet Kathleen Wynne to talk Ring of Fire
- Jeffrey Baldwin’s grandmother denies responsibility in his death
- Whales beach in Florida's Everglades, 10 die
Mark Giordano scores in return as Flames top Coyotes.
Date 42 mins ago, Duration 0:56, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 3 hrs ago 1:00
Tooltip Information:Did You See That? Canadiens/Devils gameVideo by:Description: Five goals are scored in the 3rd period then the Canadiens win the game in a shootout.Rating: 4Views: 4953
Date 3 hrs ago 15:56
Tooltip Information:Corruption crusaderVideo by:Description: Terrence McKenna tells the story of Quebec's biggest union, its alleged ties to organized crime and what one man risked to blow it all wide openRating: 4Views: 3070
Date 7 hrs ago 7:03
Tooltip Information:New Rob Ford documentsVideo by:Description: Toronto's mayor was named in conversations about obtaining crack tape, according to newly released wiretaps. John Lancaster reportsRating: 3.33Views: 2677