Suspects to appear at Indian gang rape hearing
NEW DELHI - Defence lawyers say the cases of five men charged in the fatal gang rape of a young woman on a moving New Delhi bus are expected to be shifted to a fast track court.
A hearing on whether to move the cases was to be held Monday. It had been set for last week but was rescheduled when it turned out that the official list of charges was not completely legible.
Five men have been charged with the Dec. 16 attack on the young woman, who died later in a Singapore hospital. They could face the death penalty if convicted. A sixth suspect, who says he is 17 years old, is likely to be tried in a juvenile court if medical tests confirm he is a minor.
- Gaza conflict: Israel reportedly rejects ceasefire proposal
- Ali Shahi charged after Sunwing plane makes emergency landing in Toronto
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: Plane 'disintegrated,' French officials say
- Beverley McLachlin, chief justice, deserves apology from PM, international jurists say
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017: Quebec's Burkina Faso community mourns
- Hamilton woman barred from boarding cruise ship because she was pregnant
- Gaza suburbs in rubble as Israeli bombardment continues
- Car crashes into London, Ont., Costco sending 6 to hospital
- Feathered plant-eating dinosaur found
- 'Preventing poverty' not a valid goal for tax purposes, CRA tells Oxfam Canada
Europe's highest train, the little train of Artouste in the French Pyrenees, celebrates its 80th birthday. Duration: 01:05
Date 8 mins ago, Duration 1:05, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 18 hrs ago 0:20
Tooltip Information:Canadian women's rhythmic gymnastics team wins goldVideo by:Description: Canada's second gold medal of the Commonwealth Games.Rating: 4Views: 1702