Suspects to appear at Indian gang rape hearing
NEW DELHI - Defence lawyers say the cases of five men charged in the fatal gang rape of a young woman on a moving New Delhi bus are expected to be shifted to a fast track court.
A hearing on whether to move the cases was to be held Monday. It had been set for last week but was rescheduled when it turned out that the official list of charges was not completely legible.
Five men have been charged with the Dec. 16 attack on the young woman, who died later in a Singapore hospital. They could face the death penalty if convicted. A sixth suspect, who says he is 17 years old, is likely to be tried in a juvenile court if medical tests confirm he is a minor.
- James Foley killing: Interpol urges world response to Iraq extremists
- John Baird's Twitter account prompts scrutiny of language commissioner
- Jesse Clarke's death caused by armed conflict: accused's foster mom
- Kajieme Powell shooting video released by St. Louis police
- Rise of part-time work no reason to worry, TD says
- James Foley killing: Identifying the British-accented man in black
- Beluga cam captures Churchill's playful, 'magical' whales
- Dr. Kent Brantly, Nancy Writebol leave hospital after Ebola recovery
- Lucien Bouchard says 'wounds' remain with Brian Mulroney
- Montague double homicide: father, son dead
CBC Arts reporter Zulekha Nathoo looks at the life of the dean of Cape Breton fiddling
Date 47 mins ago, Duration 2:33, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 6 hrs ago 1:58
Tooltip Information:Dementia victim takes her life after right-to-die pleaVideo by:Description: Gillian Bennett, 84, feared becoming burden on her family after dementia diagnosisRating: 3.7Views: 14744
Date 14-08-20 3:54
Tooltip Information:Reaction to American journalist's deathVideo by:Description: U.S. president expected to make a statement today, British PM concerned the ISIS spokesman on the execution video speaks with English accentRating: 4.84Views: 21848
Date 14-08-20 2:04
Tooltip Information:Dinosaur egg excavation could yield rare fossilized babiesVideo by:Description: Paleontologists in Alberta say if a nest belonging to duck-billed dinosaurs is found, it would the first in CanadaRating: 5Views: 5917