Tropical Storm Raymond moving away from Mexico
MIAMI - Tropical Storm Raymond is maintaining its strength as it moves away from Mexico's Pacific coast.
At its peak, Raymond was a Category 3 hurricane that threatened to collide with the Mexican coast, a region devastated by a storm last month. But Raymond spun in place offshore for more than a day before heading out to sea Wednesday.
Raymond's maximum sustained winds early Thursday are near 45 mph (75 kph). The storm is centred about 305 miles (490 kilometres) south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving west near 8 mph (13 kph).
Meanwhile in the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Lorenzo is expected to weaken and become a remnant low. Lorenzo's maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 kph). The depression is centred about 1,020 miles (1,640 kilometres) east of Bermuda.
- Ukraine crisis: Rebels agree to give Ukrainian troops safe passage
- Back-to-school sleep tips for kids
- Sunwing Flight 656: Why passengers are unlikely to win damages due to unruly fliers
- Ebola outbreak: Canada sends plane to Sierra Leone rescue scientists
- Is it time for higher speed limits on Canada's highways?
- Hurricane Cristobal: Eastern Newfoundland lashed with rain, wind
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably,' says comedian's daughter
- U.S. Open: Eugenie Bouchard, Milos Raonic win in Round 2
- B.C. tour bus crashes on Coquihalla Highway, 43 injured, 5 critically
- Baby giant South American river turtles talk to each other from inside eggs
Cold water swimmers come from all over the world to swim in the 2-degree Celsius water of the Perito Moreno glacier in Argentina. Duration: 02:29
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 2:29, Views 2
Video by: AFP
Date 8 hrs ago 4:26
Tooltip Information:Calgary brothers fight for ISISVideo by:Description: Two more Canadians are on the list of foreign fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, CBC's Adrienne Arsenault reportsRating: 3.4Views: 2640
Date 14-08-27 0:30
Tooltip Information:Arizona gun instructor gives fatal Uzi lessonVideo by:Description: Images of the lesson stop just before 9-year-old accidentally shoots himRating: 2Views: 26641
Date 14-08-24 3:24
Tooltip Information:Earthquake hits Napa ValleyVideo by:Description: Thousands are left without power after a magnitude 6 earthquake, the strongest to his the region since 1989Rating: 3.17Views: 138242
Date 23 hrs ago 2:40
Tooltip Information:'2 unruly female passengers': Plane turns backVideo by:Description: Sunwing flight en route to Cuba forced to return to Toronto after two disruptive passengers cause a disturbanceRating: 2.75Views: 7189