Tropical Storm Raymond moving away from Mexico
MIAMI - Tropical Storm Raymond is maintaining its strength as it moves away from Mexico's Pacific coast.
At its peak, Raymond was a Category 3 hurricane that threatened to collide with the Mexican coast, a region devastated by a storm last month. But Raymond spun in place offshore for more than a day before heading out to sea Wednesday.
Raymond's maximum sustained winds early Thursday are near 45 mph (75 kph). The storm is centred about 305 miles (490 kilometres) south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving west near 8 mph (13 kph).
Meanwhile in the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Lorenzo is expected to weaken and become a remnant low. Lorenzo's maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 kph). The depression is centred about 1,020 miles (1,640 kilometres) east of Bermuda.
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Jean Chrétien gave U.K. government advice ahead of Scotland referendum
- Hurricane Odile: WestJet offers final evacuation flight to Calgary
- Why chimps kill other chimps — U.S. study uncovers main reason
- After the Scotland referendum: What happens next
- Don Frigo shooting death: Canada-wide warrant issued for Boris Panovski
- Ukrainian peace talks lead to buffer zone deal
- B.C. teachers' strike: No extension to school year to make up for lost time
- Netflix tells CRTC consumers should vote with their dollars
- Canadian home ownership more costly than thought, BMO report says
Ed Clark talks with Amanda Lang about his career and the future of TD ID:
Date 47 mins ago, Duration 6:10, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 14-09-16 2:46
Tooltip Information:Elders watched helplessly while woman beaten to deathVideo by:Description:Rating: 3.55Views: 64653
Date 14-09-17 2:02
Tooltip Information:33-year-old's mysterious disappearanceVideo by:Description: Family members of Crystal Ratvay made a special plea for information to help them find the Abbotsford womanRating: 3Views: 38184
Date 19 hrs ago 1:16
Tooltip Information:Cat escapes from collapsing wreckage of Dauphin hotel (Video by David Katcsma)Video by:Description: David Katcsma of Dauphin, Man., captured this video of a cat running out of the Towers Hotel as the burning building collapsed to the groundRating: 3.66Views: 3005