Tropical Storm Raymond moving away from Mexico
MIAMI - Tropical Storm Raymond is maintaining its strength as it moves away from Mexico's Pacific coast.
At its peak, Raymond was a Category 3 hurricane that threatened to collide with the Mexican coast, a region devastated by a storm last month. But Raymond spun in place offshore for more than a day before heading out to sea Wednesday.
Raymond's maximum sustained winds early Thursday are near 45 mph (75 kph). The storm is centred about 305 miles (490 kilometres) south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving west near 8 mph (13 kph).
Meanwhile in the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Lorenzo is expected to weaken and become a remnant low. Lorenzo's maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph (55 kph). The depression is centred about 1,020 miles (1,640 kilometres) east of Bermuda.
- Rehtaeh Parsons suspect accused of threatening girl's father
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be found, expert says
- Rob Ford’s 'cranes in the sky' line examined by economists
- 4 new species of 'killer' sponges discovered off Pacific coast
- Air Canada investigating luggage toss caught on video
- New Brunswick flood concerns continue
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies
- Mount Everest avalanche: 13th body pulled from snow
- Ralph Nader slams GM's stance on 'hypothetical casualties'
- Calgary stabbings: Funerals for 3 of 5 victims set for Monday
The search resumes for three missing local guides after an avalanche kills 13 Sherpas on the slopes of Mount Everest.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 1:38, Views 86
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3Views: 1221
Date 14-04-17 1:25
Tooltip Information:McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'Video by:Description: Belizian temporary workers docked more pay for rent in corporate apartment than the cost incurred by McDonald'sRating: 3.68Views: 28327