Twinkies primed for a comeback
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Hostess has picked a lead bidder for its famous Twinkies.
The bankrupt company says it has selected a joint offer from two investment firms — C. Dean Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC — as the lead bid for its Twinkies and other snack cakes.
Hostess, says the two are offering to pay $410 million for the snack-cake business and five bakeries.
The joint "stalking horse" bid would set the floor for an auction process that lets competitors make better offers. A judge would have to approve any final sale.
After years of management turmoil and turnover, Hostess declared it was going out of business and selling its brands in November. The company already announced separate lead bidders for its other brands including Drake's cakes and Wonder bread.
- South Korea ferry: 4 crew members detained
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet
- No sign of missing $26K scotch a year after LCBO theft
- Teen runaway survives flight in plane's wheel well
- Calgary stabbings: Zackariah Rathwell's family breaks silence
- Queen Elizabeth releases grinning portrait for 88th birthday
- Boston Marathon under tight security 1 year after bombing
- Mounties on medical, stress leave fear new dismissal process
- Ukraine crisis: Russia, Ukraine trade blame for deadly gun attack
- Mount Everest jump cancelled after deadly avalanche
State authorities in Kyrgyzstan are trying to fight practices of bride kidnapping in the country. Two victims of bride kidnapping spoke to the BBC.
Date 52 mins ago, Duration 2:48, Views 0
Date 18 hrs ago 1:56
Tooltip Information:Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76Video by:Description: Former professional boxer and long-time advocate for the wrongly convicted died Sunday in TorontoRating: 3.69Views: 19183
Date 14-04-16 0:50
Tooltip Information:Calgary stabbings: What happenedVideo by:Description: Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happenedRating: 3.1Views: 9974