Twinkies primed for a comeback
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Hostess has picked a lead bidder for its famous Twinkies.
The bankrupt company says it has selected a joint offer from two investment firms — C. Dean Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC — as the lead bid for its Twinkies and other snack cakes.
Hostess, says the two are offering to pay $410 million for the snack-cake business and five bakeries.
The joint "stalking horse" bid would set the floor for an auction process that lets competitors make better offers. A judge would have to approve any final sale.
After years of management turmoil and turnover, Hostess declared it was going out of business and selling its brands in November. The company already announced separate lead bidders for its other brands including Drake's cakes and Wonder bread.
- Rob Ford documents: 8 revelations from wiretap evidence
- Michael McNeil's family to say goodbye to Afghan vet
- Fast-food strikes in U.S. amid push for higher minimum wage
- BMO job cuts have little to do with sky-high profits
- Listen to this morning's news in 2 minutes: #cbcAMexpress
- Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovych urged to respect pro-EU protests
- PTSD-suffering veteran speaks out about suicide attempt
- Republicans have a problem with women, female firm seeks fix
- Newtown school shooting 911 calls released
- Yemen's Defence Ministry hit by car bomb, 18 dead
An Indonesian court sentences 14 Rohingya Muslims to nine months in prison over the fatal attack on Myanmar Buddhists at a detention centre in the coun... More An Indonesian court sentences 14 Rohingya Muslims to nine months in prison over the fatal attack on Myanmar Buddhists at a detention centre in the country. Duration: 00:32
Date 36 mins ago, Duration 0:32, Views 0
Video by: AFP
Date 14 hrs ago 7:03
Tooltip Information:New Rob Ford documentsVideo by:Description: Toronto's mayor was named in conversations about obtaining crack tape, according to newly released wiretaps. John Lancaster reportsRating: 3.5Views: 6052
Date 10 hrs ago 1:00
Tooltip Information:Did You See That? Canadiens/Devils gameVideo by:Description: Five goals are scored in the 3rd period then the Canadiens win the game in a shootout.Rating: 4Views: 11451