Twinkies primed for a comeback
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Hostess has picked a lead bidder for its famous Twinkies.
The bankrupt company says it has selected a joint offer from two investment firms — C. Dean Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC — as the lead bid for its Twinkies and other snack cakes.
Hostess, says the two are offering to pay $410 million for the snack-cake business and five bakeries.
The joint "stalking horse" bid would set the floor for an auction process that lets competitors make better offers. A judge would have to approve any final sale.
After years of management turmoil and turnover, Hostess declared it was going out of business and selling its brands in November. The company already announced separate lead bidders for its other brands including Drake's cakes and Wonder bread.
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Truckers reject Vancouver port deal: strike to begin Monday
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Courtney Love libel suit shows landmark 1964 case relevant in digital age
- Nahlah Ayed: Military observers in Crimea face risky situation
- 3 Mohawk protesters could be charged after Ontario rail blockade
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Unionized container truckers reject Vancouver port deal
- Former PM Brian Mulroney says Putin is no Gorbachev
- Social media privacy being taught at high school
The city said 806 properties are now on the list to have their water pipes thawed.
Date 1 hr ago, Duration 3:58, Views 0
Video by: CBC - Top Stories
Date 7 hrs ago 2:14
Tooltip Information:2 Canadians on board missing planeVideo by:Description: We are learning more about two Canadians who are among the missing on the Malaysian airlines flight, Aarti Pole reportsRating: 3.8Views: 3145
Date 4 hrs ago 3:32
Tooltip Information:Stolen passports may be on planeVideo by:Description: There is mystery surrounding the identity of two passengers on the Malaysia Airlines flight, who may have been travelling on stolen passportsRating: 3Views: 820